Corvette go Boom!

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
Engine lets go at 5200rpm and had already made 1200hp and 25psi. It is supposed to spin up to 7000rpm. Its getting an LSx block now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDxhlXqLWIA"]YouTube - Corvette blowing up[/ame]

IMG_6714.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You could hear the (dyno) driver in the background after the BOOM say, "Uh, I thought the redline was 10K." LOL! Seriously, I'd love to have seen the owner's reaction, too. I probably would have passed out. :-0

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
You could hear the (dyno) driver in the background after the BOOM say, "Uh, I thought the redline was 10K." LOL! Seriously, I'd love to have seen the owner's reaction, too. I probably would have passed out. :-0

The owner of the car was in the passenger seat. He was cool with it. He knew it was going to blow up, but the guy before him layed down like 1450 and he got third or something like that so since he was the last guy to go he went for at least a top 3 finish. Its coming back this year to compete again and from what I hear it should break the record set by last years winner.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Geez, I would hate to have my car blow up. Especially in front of all the people cheering when it happened.

venomws6

Established Member
I'm very sure the owner knew that was coming If I remember correclty its 408ci with F2
Procharger with 25psi.

that amount of boost is very hard to run without LSX or 6bolt heads.

If he is getting LSX Block then he should get 6bolt heads with it otherwise whats the point.

Oh sick numbers.

DR 305

Banned
Man to Wife; Honey, I just blew up $10,000, but it's ok, because, I wanted to be the Dyno King! Just what a Wife wants to hear in this economy. :rolling::banana::thumbsup::nono:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread