Crying the diagnosing blues...

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Sorry if this is long-winded but I'm in desperate need of help.

First, Fade, I got the vacuum situation under control.

For some time now I've been fighting a fuel problem with my truck. Replaced the pumps with Walbro's, put in the 60#ers, quadruple checked my vacuum lines. I havent looked into the Fuel Pressure Regulator, or that resister for the pumps. I'm getting frusterated! So about 5 minutes ago I just wanted to look at the vacuum lines again, so I started the truck up (bellows black smoke out of the exhaust) and I start spraying brake cleaner around the lines....but for shits and giggles i wanted to "see" how much exhaust is coming from both pipes. So I literally placed my hand in front of both pipes. The pipe leading from the passenger side feels like it blows exhaust a lot harder out than the drivers side. And its way hotter. I can literally hold my hand in front of the drivers side pipe all day long and not get burned; it feels like its way colder exhaust being blown than the P/S. Im thinking I might have a coil pack blown, maybe 2???? Im going to do some experimenting tomorrow by swapping the COP's to the opposite side and see what happens. Or would that be a waste of my time? By the way, I just replaced my plugs TODAY; no driving, just idled it after replacing them.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Sounds like you're on the right track to me. You don't need to swap the COP's around if you have a multimeter just check them. 5.5 ohms when going to both tabs where the engine harness connects and 5500 ohms when going across the coil itself.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Sounds like you're on the right track to me. You don't need to swap the COP's around if you have a multimeter just check them. 5.5 ohms when going to both tabs where the engine harness connects and 5500 ohms when going across the coil itself.

Just to clarify...

Remove the COP, and at the top (connector) the two tabs should read 5.5 ohms...but what do you mean across the coil itself?

203Cree

Established Member
From the top pin to the bottom pin...

Usually you don't want to see more than 1 ohm on the low side...

Users who are viewing this thread