Custom carbon fiber front lip/spoiler on my AMG

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
So I decided to get this custom carbon fiber chin spoiler or whatever you want to call it, after seeing some of the newer AMG models coming with carbon fiber parts from the factory. What the hell, I thought- I'm going to try it out and see. Turned out great in my opinion.

So here it is

DSCN7752.JPG

DSCN7750.JPG

Before:

DSCN7745.JPG

DSCN7747.JPG

DSCN7746.JPG

After:

DSCN7776.JPG

DSCN7768.JPG

DSCN7789.JPG

DSCN7770.JPG

DSCN7785.JPG

DSCN7790.JPG

DSCN7771.JPG

DSCN7774.JPG

DSCN7793.JPG

DSCN7778.JPG

DSCN7784.JPG

DSCN7782.JPG

nidyanazo

Established Member
And just a side note in case anyone's wondering the suspension is slammed but since it's a hydraulic unit I can just press the button to raise back up to normal driving and then raise it up again for super bumpy roads. I just press it down to the lowest position to take photos, or cruise.. Because I think it looks best that way.
Well thanks for checking out my thread!

nidyanazo

Established Member
Hey thanks for all the nice words fellas! I certainly appreciate them.. I think my favorite aspect of this lip is the fact that it creates a bit of a point like the E63 style at the very very front, which makes things look a little more aggressive but still keeping it pretty classy. That's the one aspect I just definitely don't want to lose with the car..
I got some more carbon fiber stuff coming including a trunk spoiler and custom diffuser we're working on with the body shop.. but that's where I'm drawing the line, Carbon can look real good but if you go to overboard I'm afraid it might start to look little boy racer-ish..

I'll update this thread as I get the parts put on.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
So I decided to get this custom carbon fiber chin spoiler or whatever you want to call it, after seeing some of the newer AMG models coming with carbon fiber parts from the factory. What the hell, I thought- I'm going to try it out and see. Turned out great in my opinion.

So here it is

DSCN7782.JPG

Have you taken it to the track yet?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome car overall. The new mod definitely adds to good looks. :beer: :rockon:

95riosnake

Established Member
Beautiful lip and car, anything with the AMG letters on it is golden in my book.

And holy moly look at those front calipers!

nidyanazo

Established Member
Hey thanks again guys. I think I made quite the difference if you compare what it used to look like when I bought the car and it was was 100% stock.. Here's a photo.. Just in the front end alone, look at the change..

STOCK:

_DSC4807.jpg

NOW:

DSCN7782.JPG

And yes, these are the 8 piston upgraded brakes. I put in a set of freaking awesome Akebono euro spec HD pads, and it stops this 4100LB beast like it's a 3000lb sports car. (well almost. But braking performance is just unreal. )

Remember, these are actually 20" wheels too.

DSCN7790.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread