DAMN! Just test drove an 08 C6!

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
What a friggin magnificent car! It was a Black coupe with the black leather (a must IMO). It had both the glass and metal roofs, nav and the 3LT package with the HU display. It was also an automatic with the paddle shifters. It also had the upgraded chrome rims which looked sweet. The car had 1900 miles on it and the dealership wants $47500. I have a bad left knee so the paddle shifter is a nice little trick thing to have. It felt like it is a full manual paddle shift, like an SMG transmission, I liked it, but it felt slow on a couple of shifts.

The car pulled like a freight train getting on to the highway and continued to do so whenever I asked it to. I haven't felt anything like that since I sold my 03 Cobra back in 06. I didn't get to test the handling capabilities, but I got to test out the brakes on a back road and those were pretty impressive too. I don't think the car had the Z51 package or the Dual Stage Exhaust (or whatever it is called).

I really liked the LS3 and the feel of the car. I think I will most definately be selling my Volvo ASAP! Does any one have some good info or websites to check out for this car? Does the price sound good? I think I can get them to lower it a little, but how much should I realistically be looking to spend on the car? It did need to be cleaned, and there were scratches on the hood (friggin black) that would most likely buff out easily. Also, the inside of the doors were very poorly cleaned. They had some weird residu like the dude just sprayed the doors and didn't wipe off the cleaner. I hope that will come out easily.

Any way I am just looking for some info on these LS3 bad boys. If there are owners on here post up your experiences and let me know what you think of the price!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Great cars and motor is very mod and boost friendly.

Ricer in me believes that with a few easy mods, you get the Z6 power and get to have a targa top.

Win-win.

Get it and good luck.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I want to get one so damn bad, but when I start adding the options my brain tells me I MUST HAVE, it puts it out of my price range.

Common

Established Member
I want to get one so damn bad, but when I start adding the options my brain tells me I MUST HAVE, it puts it out of my price range.

Smart shoppers can get them in mid 40's with ALL the options I heard.

Orrrrr, get a demo model with all the goodies, maybe 1k or 2 on the odo and save a bunch.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
they are awesome cars. i was with some dude at the track who ran 11.7 completely STOCK!! down to the run flats(its on corvette forums). I drove one once and it was very very impressive.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I REALLY want a Z06......... I will likely end up with C6 Coupe (non Z06) if I decide on not getting another Terminator.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
LJ, where did this come from>???
FWIW, you can probably get a BRAND NEW one for close to that price.

whiplash306

Established Member
Make sure you get the Z51 package....if it's not, in the long run, you'll regret it!!! Better gearing, better suspension, etc.....quicker acceleration and faster through the corners....

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i've only driven 2 vettes in my life...one 03 ZO6 and the other was an 07 ZO6

the LS3 C6s falls right in between the 2 IMHO and i would certainly love to have an LS3!!!!

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
LJ, where did this come from>???
FWIW, you can probably get a BRAND NEW one for close to that price.

Honestly it came out of nowhere. I was driving to pick up lunch and local (wicked small) Chebby dealership had a Vette out front so I stopped in to check it out. Without even talking for 3 minutes the salesman just grabbed the key fob from inside and we were off! I took that biatch up to 120 like it was nothing! I really missed that feeling. I took a look at Kerbeck's web page and they are offering $7200 off and 3.9% financing on all new Vettes. I will definately be using that asa bargaining chip!

As for if I went new. I would get the 3LT package along with Nav, Auto (I like the paddles what can I say!), Z51 and probably the dual stage Exhaust. I think that I really should hold off for a Z51 package though. The dealer had no clue if this car was a Z51 car. So maybe I should keep looking, but damn I got the fever!

Mat, definately let me know about the new Vette and have a great time in Canada dude! I am so pissed that my boss wouldn't let me get tomorrow off! That is going to be a sick weekend.:beer:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Check out corvette forums, their vendors have the best prices on new corvettes.

corvetteforums.com? I signed up there yesterday but I have not been approved yet, lol. Are there any other good sites to check out?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
...they are offering $7200 off and 3.9% financing on all new Vettes.
:thumbsup:

corvettemarch41998.jpg

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
:thumbsup:

corvettemarch41998.jpg

mmmmmm, yummy, but I don't think those have the Z51 or Nav do they? That would be one hell of a birthday present to myself!

Also, how is Kerbeck with negotiation those prices down further? Any idea?

JUST TRY 03

Established Member
i have a 2006 vette with z51, if you end up buying it ull love it, you can easily mod the ls3's to get within z06 hp territory

if the car you drove had crossed drilled rotors then it was a z51, they come with a differnt gearing, stiffer suspension, and a transmission cooler

and the price on that is pretty average, id say go for it

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you can probably get a BRAND NEW one for close to that price.

yup. my good friend is about to buy one but he's looking for a nice, used one so it will be an LS2. im not sure the extra cost would be worth it for the LS3, i dont know if theyre THAT much different, but i dont know :shrug: i have driven the LS2 version and it is such a nice car. very impressed. hard.....not....to....want......to......buy......one.... and now you can pick up 05s around here for under $30k :banana:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Z51 is a few more dollars... :-D

corvettemarch44429.jpg

Sweet! Thanks for the excellent find! I wish it was black though. Do you happen know how hard it is to put in an aftermarkt nav unit into the car? I have a Pioneer Avic-D3 (w/ Nav, Sirius, BT and ipod) so I guess I could just install that rather than pay the 1750 for the Nav unit. I have heard that you cannot install the factory Nav unit on originally non-Nav equipped vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread