DD 17x10.5 Chrome Cobra Rim pic

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I was just searching the heck out of the web looking for a set and am pretty suprised that no one makes them. They would look awesome on any car and be a great alternative for those such as myself that don't like the radical super spoke looks of aftermarket rims.

Last edited:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Hey guys... I have emailed Lethal Performance and there is a thread on that subject in their section. I also did email AmericanMuscle and I haven't heard back on them. Hopefully that pic will not be a teaser and could be reality sometime. I'll keep seeing what I can do... if I find anything out at all, you guys will be the first to know.:beer:

Thrust

Established Member
Damn... I had my hopes up that these were already out. Hopefully this thread will inspire someone to make these a reality.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
goldeneagle_10 said:
Hey guys... I have emailed Lethal Performance and there is a thread on that subject in their section. I also did email AmericanMuscle and I haven't heard back on them. Hopefully that pic will not be a teaser and could be reality sometime. I'll keep seeing what I can do... if I find anything out at all, you guys will be the first to know.:beer:

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for gettin' the ball rollin'! :D

SVT04

Established Member
I would love to see these made a reality. I have been posting on the other threads as well......I will be up for a set of Chrome ones for my 04. I would prefer them in 18" and I don't see it being a problem to produce them in 17" and 18" too,as AFS presently makes the Cobra wheels in both sizes.

I think they should have a small lip on the front wheels the same as all the other deep dish wheels do and then a deeper lip in the rear like the deep dish FR500s or deep dish bullitts.

I will wait to see if someone comes up with these wheels..... soon I hope. Otherwise I am going to order 4 wheels from AFS and start cutting ,machining and welding....along with fresh chrome plating I will create my own set ......one set of deep dish wheels from two sets......a little work but possible to do since my trade is welding/machining.......

Keep us up to date the instant you hear anything......

Last edited:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I appreciate everyone's support on this so far. This is good. I can always use this thread maybe as a reference to a company that might consider making these wheels. I agree that maybe a lil lip on the fronts would be good... and maybe make them in 17 and 18 inches. I'll be working on this for the next few days and see what I can find out. In the meantime, pass the word along to see if anyone else is interested in this idea.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'd buy some chrome 18's if they made them. A little dish on the fronts would be nice too, but just a dished rear like that pic would be fine!

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I would like to see these offered in 17x9.5 / 17x10.5 and 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 with the correct offset and BS to fit the IRS without spacers. Heck, since we are (hopefully) inspiring a wheel manufacturer to build these, how about the rears be 11" wide :)

One important requirement, do NOT make them over 30lbs in weight. Try to keep them in the 24lbs to 28lbs weight range please :)

If you build them, we will buy.....

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
427Windsorman said:
I would like to see these offered in 17x9.5 / 17x10.5 and 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 with the correct offset and BS to fit the IRS without spacers. Heck, since we are (hopefully) inspiring a wheel manufacturer to build these, how about the rears be 11" wide :)

One important requirement, do NOT make them over 30lbs in weight. Try to keep them in the 24lbs to 28lbs weight range please :)

If you build them, we will buy.....

:beer: Hell yea!

Users who are viewing this thread