Dealer wont respond. Plates haven't come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SikO2

Established Member
Bought my car almost a month ago. The dealer told me "your plates will be in within 2 weeks and when they arrive I will call you to let you know then mail them to you." Well its been 4 weeks and my temp plates expire Thursday. i've emailed the dealer and got no response, I've called and was told I'd get a call back which I never have.

Whats the f'n deal?? I have a warrant for something I plan to pay off in 2 weeks. I can't be driving around with expired plates and no registration sticker. What can I do about this?

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Bought my car almost a month ago. The dealer told me "you're plates will be in within 2 weeks and when they arrive I will call you to let you know then mail them to you." Well its been 4 weeks and my temp plates expire Thursday. i've emailed the dealer and got no response, I've called and was told I'd get a call back which I never have.

Whats the f'n deal?? I have a warrant for something I plan to pay off in 2 weeks. I can't be driving around with expired plates and no registration sticker. What can I do about this?

GO to the dealer and get another set of temp plates. rocket science it's not.

Go to the dealer and tell them to generate a new temp plate. Had this happen on 2 cars. They can do it. Sometimes you have to go in person to get things done.

SikO2

Established Member
GO to the dealer and get another set of temp plates. rocket science it's not.

I work 72 hours a week during nights and the dealer is over an hour away. I don't really have time to be playing games with them. It's not my obligation to go hunting for my plates when they were supposed to be mailed to me.

SikO2

Established Member
Go to the dealer and tell them to generate a new temp plate. Had this happen on 2 cars. They can do it. Sometimes you have to go in person to get things done.

Is there a way to make them hurry the hell up with my plates? They made a promise in writing and are not fufulling it. I dont want another set of temp plates, I want MY plates. I have to do stuff with registering my car at places and I need plate numbers. Not temp plates.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I work 72 hours a week during nights and the dealer is over an hour away. I don't really have time to be playing games with them. It's not my obligation to go hunting for my plates when they were supposed to be mailed to me.

it is YOUR responsibility to see to it that your car is properly tagged and titled. Yes the dealer has an obligation to do his part but ultimately it is on you to see that it gets done. if you don't want to take a couple of hours to go get what you need then continue to whine and cry about your situation here but no one can help you. he hasn't done anything illegal and you can't have him arrested, you can't even call the cops on him.

SikO2

Established Member
it is YOUR responsibility to see to it that your car is properly tagged and titled. Yes the dealer has an obligation to do his part but ultimately it is on you to see that it gets done. if you don't want to take a couple of hours to go get what you need then continue to whine and cry about your situation here but no one can help you. he hasn't done anything illegal and you can't have him arrested, you can't even call the cops on him.

***removed by Moderator***

Last edited by a moderator:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Whine and cry? I'm asking a question you dicksuck. I haven't ever seen you make a normal comment. You always have some type of negativity in your posts and post as if you think you're better than everyone. GTFO of here with that junk princess.
If you're not gonna answer my question about what I can do to make them get me my plates then get lost, I dont need to hear your opinion. Good to go?

first off, I highly recommend you go read the rules, pay particular attention to the one concerning insults outside of smackdown. it will save you future issues with the mods.

Second off, I gave you sound advice about what to do about it and you didn't like it. The advice I gave was straight up and on point. You can't tell me that you work 72 hours a week every week and never take a break for anything. if this were important to you, you would get it done. instead you cry about sound advice and cry because someone talked to you straight up like a man instead of like a spoiled entitled little kid.

There is NOTHING YOUR CAN DO TO MAKE THEM GIVE YOU YOUR PLATES! NOTHING. got it now? I have bought and sold more cars that years you have been on this planet. some go well, some don't. but you can't MAKE a dealer do anything, so suck it up and go get another set of temp plates.

every place you have to register the car will accept temp plates or give you something to use until you get your permanent plates. All you have to do is man up and go take care of your business.

SikO2

Established Member
first off, I highly recommend you go read the rules, pay particular attention to the one concerning insults outside of smackdown. it will save you future issues with the mods.

Second off, I gave you sound advice about what to do about it and you didn't like it. The advice I gave was straight up and on point. You can't tell me that you work 72 hours a week every week and never take a break for anything. if this were important to you, you would get it done. instead you cry about sound advice and cry because someone talked to you straight up like a man instead of like a spoiled entitled little kid.

There is NOTHING YOUR CAN DO TO MAKE THEM GIVE YOU YOUR PLATES! NOTHING. got it now? I have bought and sold more cars that years you have been on this planet. some go well, some don't. but you can't MAKE a dealer do anything, so suck it up and go get another set of temp plates.

every place you have to register the car will accept temp plates or give you something to use until you get your permanent plates. All you have to do is man up and go take care of your business.

***removed by Moderator***

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
He's right. Either call the dealer and ask what is up, or take some time off work to go get another set of temp plates. You working 72 hours a week is not going to fly with the cop who pulls you over for expired temp plates. Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands. If you haven't figured that out by 20 years old, you're going to have a hard time in life with more than just car purchases.

Also, LOL at getting offended because you didn't like the answer given to you.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Hate to tell you, but RDJ is correct. While it DOES suck that you haven't gotten your plates yet the only thing you can do besides drive around with an unregistered vehicle is get another set of temporary plates.

You asked what you can do about it, that's what you can do.

Edit: Dammit Kyle.

Planter

Banned
call the Dept of Motor Vehicles or whatever they call it there, and tell them you bought a car, plates haven't arrived from the dealer, and you want to know the status. explain your temp tag is about to expire, you want to know what to do.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
call the Dept of Motor Vehicles or whatever they call it there, and tell them you bought a car, plates haven't arrived from the dealer, and you want to know the status. explain your temp tag is about to expire, you want to know what to do.
but he works 72 hours a week when does he have time to call? and the DMV will likely tell him the same thing he has been told "go to the dealer and get another set of temp plates"

SikO2

Established Member
Jeopardizing your hours and income is not a smart choice young Jedi.

Yeah I know, I have plans to take care of the law issue.

I suppose best choice is to show up at the dealer and ask what the problem is. Wanted to ask on here to see if anybody had a decent answer before I do the obivous and make time to try the dealer.

SikO2

Established Member

Thanks broski, will call first thing in the morning.

Is there a way to make them hurry the hell up with my plates? They made a promise in writing and are not fufulling it. I dont want another set of temp plates, I want MY plates. I have to do stuff with registering my car at places and I need plate numbers. Not temp plates.

Since its been 4 weeks already, they have to be close to coming in. I suspect that they didn't file paperwork right away. I understand that a 72hr work week leaves you with limited time but it seems that they are showing little regard for the urgency you have. Sometimes a simple face to face encounter with the person will communicate the point across. I'd be nice to the guy though. Most people don't put a lot of effort into their jobs and the last thing they want is a tongue lashing when you're the one that needs the help. And I'm with you it isn't cool that they put you in this spot but it happens more often then people realize. I'm confident those plates are on the way. :beer:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
You have it in writing that they would have your plates to you in 4 weeks? :lol:

U.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread