Death Eater Build Journal

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
car looks good, maybe you next step should be an aftermarket k-member, save some weight on the nose

Can't, it would bump me out of ESP for autocross into the ridiculously fact CP class where I would get stomped bad. At some point I will buy another Cobra but a hardtop and build it as a dedicated autocross car and then I can go ape sh1t with this one :)

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Wow, the ubiquitous triple post!

Here's video of my latest autocross event...

Downloadable high quality Quicktime version (Right Click and Save Target As, do not stream it the aspect ratio will go to hell)

http://www.njaoc.net/media/Karz/Videos/Solo10-19-08.mov

And the Youtube version which those assholes pulled the audio out of...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vXpKLkqSOE"]YouTube- 10/19/08 Philly SCCA Autocross at Citizens Bank Park[/ame]

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
First of many more pictures from the last autocross of the season...

SoloHDR1.jpg

I managed to outrun all of the Miatas there that were on street tires like me which was pretty ridiculous considering that it was a rather small technical layout that favored smaller cars. I was definitely on my game but the looks on the instructors faces when they saw my times were just priceless.

As I said, I have a bunch more pictures and video, stay tuned I should have the pictures up by the end of this week and the video next or the following week.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Gotta love autocrossing. I built my last car for it and hid a few things so I could stay in ESP. Bad part is I bought the Cobra and with the suspension already done I'm automatically thrown out of ESP. No way I can keep up with the minimal stuff done with the big boys. Just for fun now.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Hahahahaha, hidden stuff is hilarious, there are 4 of us ESP guys that show up regularly to the South Jersey SCCA autocrosses and we have a gentleman's agreement that we can have a few small things that wouldn't normally be allowed as long as we admit to having them between us for discussion. For me it's the MM aluminum steering rack bushings and 3.73 rear gears, but pretty soon I will be legally exploiting the update rule and putting in a T-56 but then pushing our gentleman's agreement to it's limit by going with 4.30 rear gears to make up for the T-56's steep first gear :)

17yrsofcollege

...Ohhh Boy
Established Member
Looks real good and for not alot of money:

This is what my set-up looks like (last month):
194.jpg

190.jpg

BTW: you are not too far from me, what did you pay to have the top replaced...I don't like the tan top I have...I've got a full black interior

-Al

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
It was a little over a grand at a local upholstery shop, they did a good job but not a great job so I can't really recommend them.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Was checking out the last video you posted, I knew the rear end pitched a little under stress but I had no idea it was that violent. Has your rear end set up shown and wear & tare? Crazy......nice angles.

Last edited:

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Rear suspension is fine, the movement you're seeing is the 160,000 mile old rubber bushings and the flimsy ass LCA's. This winter that will all be replaced :)

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Moar pictures!

DeathEater3.jpg

DeathEater5.jpg

Some say the brown pants shave a full second off his lap times...
DeathEater18.jpg

DeathEater13.jpg

DeathEater7.jpg

It's MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm the black Stig bitches!!!!
DeathEater4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread