Detailling/Cleaning a 04 MC

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
O.K. guys I'm new to all your lingo so help me out.

All I have ever really done my whole life to clean a car is hand wash with the sponges and mitts. I use a shammy to dry it off.

When I really feel like cleaning I will either clay it with the Meguiars kit and recently I tried the new NXT 2.0 wax. I normally just apply it with a normal yellow pad and remove it with a microfiber towel. Sometimes I'll use spray detailer.

I'm really interested in learning how to make these cars look good and just have a no Orange peel Look? I have always wanted to wet sand but don't know what it is or where to begin? What sand paper grit? What glaze?What rubbing compound?

From the beginning to the end can you guys explain what is good, what you recommend, how to do it? Whats the diff b/w the orange pads and what not? LOL sorry ?

You know somebody really needs to make a beginner's how to or sticky for this forum!

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
If you don't know what wet sanding is, you better pay someone to do it for you.

I just detailed my MC with Poorboy's SSR-1 and EX-P sealant http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...585-mystic-gets-poorboys-ssr-1-ex-p-bath.html

Both bottles nearly full. PM me if you want to buy them off me, they should be all you will need to get the look you want (will NOT remove the orange peel though, that does require wet sanding).

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Well I went ahead and did some detailing yesterday. Wash, claybar, & wax. I used all Meguiars products. Starting with a cleaner/polisher. Then topped it off with some carnuba and the new Wax they have. I used a little hand held buffer I had and the car looks awesome. Plan on taking some pictures today. I don't have any swirls and it took a lot of surface crap out of the car. After reading a lot most people don't like use to wet sand the factory paint job (on any mustang) as they say the clear is too thin. I think it looks great as the car was already pretty clean to begin with. Thanks anyway. I should probably look into getting some poor boys for next time.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Took some yesterday but the camera died. So I mostly took pictures of its flaws like the seat bolster and some chips I have acquired for an interested buyer. I will hopefully get some full body shots soon.

The more and more I do to this car, the less I wanna sell.

Users who are viewing this thread