Did anyone watch Terra Nova?

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I bartend on Monday nights and of course watch football so my buddy asked me and my girl over to watch it tonight since he DVR'd it.

I am blown away. That first episode was amazing. We are gonna watch it every Tuesday now when I get off work.

What did ya'll think?

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I only saw about half of it. I would explain but idw ruin it for anyone but it seems pretty interesting

oldmodman

Established Member
I just want to know why the future society didn't tool up and make them some decent weapons. LAWS rockets, explosive projectiles etc.
Not those faggy, PC, sonic weapons.

"HI. Were going to send you a hundred million years into the past. Here's a Whammo Air Blaster to use to kill the Velociraptors with".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was pretty good, but predictable. There are a couple of sub-plots going on which is expected since this is a series. The dinosaur graphics were no match for what we got in Jurassic Park, and that was disappointing. I got bored with Lost and I'll likely get bored with this one in a couple of weeks, too. JMO.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure why but I watched for a little bit and it was just too cheesy or something. Looked like one of the horrible shows you'd watch on scifi.

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
as said, they are gonna have to step up the graphics work, some of the blue screen work was horrendous, to include a scene where it was the same picture, just reversed from one side of someones face to the other. horrible work there. gotta fix that and the dino's gotta be upgraded. and yes, I agree, the PC weapons suck...if they stay that route, there is no point in watching. although some people got ate, which helped.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
It was pretty good, but predictable. There are a couple of sub-plots going on which is expected since this is a series. The dinosaur graphics were no match for what we got in Jurassic Park, and that was disappointing. I got bored with Lost and I'll likely get bored with this one in a couple of weeks, too. JMO.

Who wants to bet the ending of this is, we are our own missing links. And it loops back and nothing changes. We still end up messing up the planet. Didnt watch it, but from the previews I can just already tell.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I just want to know why the future society didn't tool up and make them some decent weapons. LAWS rockets, explosive projectiles etc.
Not those faggy, PC, sonic weapons.

"HI. Were going to send you a hundred million years into the past. Here's a Whammo Air Blaster to use to kill the Velociraptors with".

Sounds like they need a TR-116 rifle.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I watched it last night.

Seems like it could be a good show, but it will take a few episodes before i'm sure.

As for all the CGI haters, remember that Stargate SG-1 started off really cheesy with their effects and in the later seasons they were quite good. Just takes a while to get the ball rolling and have a better budget.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
It was interesting enough to DVR and watch. My son was really liking it. Lot's of sub plots.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Who wants to bet the ending of this is, we are our own missing links. And it loops back and nothing changes. We still end up messing up the planet. Didnt watch it, but from the previews I can just already tell.

They said on the show it was an alternate timeline, that it supposedly can't have any effect on the future.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Watched it, it was meh at best. Felt like a scifi b movie to me. I give it 2 seasons.

Graphics were on par with some of the discovery channel dino shows but sadly not even close to Jurassic Park status how many years later?

Id say the whole alternate timeline thing will blow up in their faces. Remember if the temporal variance is off, the amount of time that passes between wormhole output times gets screwy, which is why the one main leader dude said he was first in and spent months alone while the rest who were seconds behind him on the input side of the wormhole popped out later. Im guessing they will find the probe later in the series or something, or itll cut back to the future and the probe will land on someones car or something, then theyll send more people back in time to kill off the ones they already sent in orderto not **** up the timeline and thus explains why humans are so violent towards eachother from the get-go. Predestinational paradoxes ftw.

SG1 got better special effects later in the shows run because they started using the same outfit that did work for the Star Trek series' over the years, especially once Star Trek went off air on tv. Still none of them hold a candle to the Battlestar Galactica special effects camp, who for a epic tv show proved they could duplicate Lucasfilm/ILM type effects on quarter the budget for the small screen.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
SG1 got better special effects later in the shows run because they started using the same outfit that did work for the Star Trek series' over the years, especially once Star Trek went off air on tv. Still none of them hold a candle to the Battlestar Galactica special effects camp, who for a epic tv show proved they could duplicate Lucasfilm/ILM type effects on quarter the budget for the small screen.

Ah, I didnt know they changed outfits part way through.

BSG did have some pretty good effects too.

Marc

Established Member
I liked it. I think it is like the new "LOST". I am expecting twists and turns as the plot thickens on why this place was actually set up in the past. And why is Group 6 fighting with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread