Did the Bassani exhaust and X and now......

boost happy

Established Member
About a week ago I installed a K&N FIPK kit on my 04 Cobra and instantly gained about 1 lb of boost (9 lbs total) w/the stock exhaust. The car felt a bit stronger and the blower wine got a bit louder. Few days after this, I installed the Bassani SS X w/their new high flow cats and the Bassani SS cat-back. To my SUPRICE, the car felt like it lost some low end grunt (felt like it lost some low end torque) and now it only boost about 8 lbs which is what I got when my car was bone stock. After the full Bassani system the car lost the 1 lb of boost it gained w/the K&N. I had the same full SS Bassani system on my 03 Cobra w/the old type Bassani cats and after the system was installed it definitely felt stronger unlike my 04 w/the new Bassani cats. My 04 definitely sounds much meaner w/the new Bassani cats than how my 03 sounded like w/old type cats ( I am a happy camper here). From the sound of the car and the size of the new cats (smaller than before) I am pretty sure they flow much freely than the old Bassani cats……..Could the lost of low end torque and boost be due to loosing too much back pressure because of Bassani’s new cat design? …or could my car be running RICHER than before due to new cats? Has any one else experienced this w/new Bassani cats?.......BTW. I had to use O2 extensions due to 04 having diff. O2 location on the X. .......I am confused :??: :??: and need help guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Highlife22

Established Member
I've heard exact opposite... that after FIPK and exhaust, boost went up to like 10lbs. But maybe with you it just changed the efficiency and you really are making that boost that it says now with the added power as well.

Last edited:

boost happy

Established Member
Highlife22 said:
I've heard exact opposite... that after FIPK and exhaust, boost went up to like 10lbs. But maybe with you it just changed the efficiency and you really are making that boost that it says now with the added power as well.

How many lbs of boost do u get on that current set-up (Bassani off X and C/B)?

Users who are viewing this thread