Dipstick tube install (long tube headers)

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hello everyone, I have a question about installing the factory dipstick tube.
I have Kooks 1-3/4” long tube headers, and upon resuming my build, I never installed the dipstick tube.
Engine is in, but now with the headers, it is quite difficult getting the tube installed. I’ve searched and read, and see it can be a slight issue (bending / removing parts).

Does anyone have an angle, or a helpful route to take in order to get the tube installed?

I have a full maximum motorsports tubular k-member and front end, thinking at that time during installation. I would have more room for the tube later on when it came time to install it, but still not quite enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Ronald

Black Venom 99

Established Member
It's a rebadged Lokar. FWIW.

Pick up a Lokar flexible dipstick. It'll make your life way easier.
Appreciate the help Sir.
I received the dipstick, installed it through my long tubes nicely, inserted it into the block / pan (great fitment). But the mounting bracket is no where near the factory mounting hole that is off the drivers side head. Did you experience this?

-Ronald

01yellercobra

Established Member
Appreciate the help Sir.
I received the dipstick, installed it through my long tubes nicely, inserted it into the block / pan (great fitment). But the mounting bracket is no where near the factory mounting hole that is off the drivers side head. Did you experience this?

-Ronald
My buddy and I used one of the valve cover bolts.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thank you! So safe to assume each of yours didn’t line up to the OEM mounting spot?
You bend the bracket for fitment purposes?

Thanks again Sir. Truly appreciate the help.
-Ronald.
Correct. Tweak as needed to get the fit the way you like it.

No problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread