Had to comment on

GT-R V-Spec
GT-R V-Spec II
GT-R M-Spec
GT-R M-Spec II
GT-R M-Spec NUR
and the big daddy
GT-R Z-Tune

I wish Ford would take up the retarded japanese naming scheme. I want my Cobra R-Spec GSX Type RS Nizmo Naws edition-tune IV

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
Antagon said:
Had to comment on

GT-R V-Spec
GT-R V-Spec II
GT-R M-Spec
GT-R M-Spec II
GT-R M-Spec NUR
and the big daddy
GT-R Z-Tune

I wish Ford would take up the retarded japanese naming scheme. I want my Cobra R-Spec GSX Type RS Nizmo Naws edition-tune IV
:lol:

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:
that skyline motor can make more power than the mustang motor twice its size. the only thing sacriligious about it is sticking it in that hunk of junk that weighs a ton and isn't balanced at all.

But i guess no one with a mustang really cares much about anything other than going in a straight line . . . in which case . . . i dunno what to say.

Funny how its not nearly as "sacriligious" to put a big heavy v8 motor in a lightweight japanese car.

Weighs less than that pile you are driving...around 2700 pounds...or less

I know, because I have a hunk of junk that year model and I eat evos for breakfast...don't even waste the gas on em unless they run low, low 10s

06GTO

Established Member
Antagon said:
Had to comment on

GT-R V-Spec
GT-R V-Spec II
GT-R M-Spec
GT-R M-Spec II
GT-R M-Spec NUR
and the big daddy
GT-R Z-Tune

Actually the Japanese stole most of the naming schemes from Fords orginial race cars (which they love)! The japanese just added about 18 more letters. :poke:

Ford also borrowed heavily from European manufacturers especially during its Le Mans racing years during the 60s.

Last edited:

dawssvt

1998 SVT Cobra
Established Member
adam911 said:
Part of me is saying cool but my bigger half is saying no :nonono:

RBMustang1.jpg

RBMustang2.jpg

RBMustang3.jpg

RBMustang4.jpg

That makes me want to throw up :xpl:

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:
:lol:

Perhaps you should try going to the track. a REAL one, you know, with turns and stuff. :fart:
awd sucks. your import belongs on a dirt track. woopedy doo!!!! show me a 4 banger that can push 5-6,000 hp and pull more than 5 g's in acceleration. i bet you have never been to a track in your life from the sounds of it. btw, your comment about recirculating air back into a supercharged car and the bov's beeing pointless. well, when you have a blow through setup then you can do that. i have one on my car and it came with my kit from procharger. you are obviously a newb to the racing scene. in fact your probably one of those fast and furious wannabes. go google some more before you come on any forum talking shit you know jack about. it takes one of your almighty evos a fully built motor (cams heads and about 30-40 psi) to make 600 plus horsepower. i have seen a 1997 mustang cobra with stock intake, stock heads, and stock cams with a built bottom end and 23 pounds of boost that made 707 hp to the wheels. his name is eric and he works at procharger. if that isnt ownage to your mitsubishi eslo(i mean evo), then i dont know what is. smile, you have officially been flamed. :burn:

Last edited:

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
jwhines3 said:
Well... after reading some responses.... I can say that anyone who gets the idea that you can't make power with ""RICE"" is absolutely out of their mind.

I have 3 Datsun 240Zs from 1972-1973... ONE is bone stock.... one is a track prepped and often campaigned E-mod class 240Z... and one is a hybrid V-8 conversion....

I can tell you that a stock 240Z suffers from lack of track capable brakes and lacks limited slip to put power down after apexes.. they also have NO ADJUSTMENTS built into the suspension from the factory..only toe angle on the front..... but you guys would be surprised at how fast those little cars are...I have hours of video at track days on courses like sebring, VIR, CMP, Rockingham oval, Roebling, road Atlanta, etc... of my little Datsuns chasing down Corvettes, Mustangs, BMW M3s, Camaros, and even some vipers.... A 240Z with some track preparation is still one of the fastest "affordable" track cars out there today...that is why there are ALWAYS Datsun Z cars at every track event I have ever been to.

With the old school L24-28 series engines you can get 300WHP out of stock internals all day long for season after season with only minor changes to the compression/intake/exhaust/and timing... The stock redline is 7K from 1972... I shift at 8500RPM with the E mod car... the bottom ends are ALWAYS STOCK NISSAN parts(((including NISSAN oil pump and pan)))... and they last for 5 or more seaons of racing abuse...Try that with your V-8 putting out 135HP per litre... It will last a few years with occasional drag strip launches...but it wont survive hours on end of 8500RPM abuse on road courses....

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF JUMPING ON ""RICE"".... rice can kick your ass up one side and down the other.... The japs know what the hell they are doing...their success in crushing the American auto industry has proved their engineering and management superior in every way...

The RB26DETT....R34 Skyline engine is one of the most sought after engines for modern Hot rodders.... It is a MASTERPIECE of engineering that is capable of putting down absolutely insane amounts of horsepower for hundreds of thousands of miles.... The stock internals are top of the line aerospace quality parts... and they are EXPENSIVE... The inline layout puts 7 MASSIVE mainbearings supporting 6 girders for connecting rods... This rare engine can put out torque that would make a blown Cummings cry for mercy... and it can do it at 9000RPM...

I was a V-8 guy when I was drag racing and building mud trucks... But I am a huge fan of JAP engineering...

The American V-8 is a very compact powerplant.... It is a wonderful design for putting huge engines in small cars...like the mustangs... I put a v-8 in one of my Z-cars... because it fits with room to spare...it sits closer to the firewall and lower in the engine bay than the straight 6... My balance is actually IMPROVED with the bigger V-8 in the little 240Z... and beleive it or not.... A built V-8 with aluminum heads and intake actually weighs less than the STOCK 2.4litre inline 6... The JAP inline 6s have fully skirted blocks...the main bearing caps actually fit up INSIDE the bottom end of the block... so they are a lot heavier than you would think...... The reson I went with the V-8 conversion was COST$$$...you can buy a built V-8 for a fraction of what a stock Jap engine costs... and I am able to put up with the cost of constant rebuilds of my track V-8... I could not keep up with the costs of accidental money shifts with the jap inline 6s.... it costs 5 times as much money to build up a Jap inline 6... and accidents do happen in racing...as good as they are I put a few out of commision with stupidity and decided I will stick with the V-8s on the track from now on.... luckily V-8s are a dime a dozen and you can buy parts on Sunday at Autozone...
the japs crushed the american auto industry? yeah and then you woke up from your dream and realized that the world is round after all. seems to still be thriving to me.

Last edited:

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
Herb-86T said:
you guys are confusing rice and imports.
the skyline is far from rice. its like the eqivilent of the ford GT but from japan. the hondas and acuras an shit is what you would call rice... there like the neons and caveliers an stuff.
how the hell is the skyline the ford gt but japanese version. stock for stock last time i checked the skyline was roughly 300 hp in the hole. the gt would crush the skyline in every aspect. how can you compare a family car for lack of a better term to a world class supercar. :bash: i swear fast and furious owns you ricers. :nonono: :bs:

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
moridin2004 said:
I'm pretty sure the RB and 2JZ motors can take quite a bit of power quite reliably. More so than many off the shelf American V8s. I don't know milage claims of high horsepower motors, but I know my friend's Supra was running 500RWHP for over 40,000 miles. I could only hope my parent's 03 Cobra can hold up like that. Maybe someone can chime in that knows the RB and 2JZ community a little better.
stock 03 cobras motors can handle 22 lbs of boost and 600-700 rwhp all day long and still take a beating on a regular basis. do a search. this is not an uncommon thing here. there are turbo 03 cobras that have seen well into 900-1,000 hp on stock internals. same as the max record seen on a stock supra bottom end. any higher and you would have to upgrade the bottom end on both cars. both motors built, the stang will always see more horsepower.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
4CYLNDR said:
By start shit, you mean disagree with you? I haven't been name calling, i've just been posting up my opinions. But if thats starting shit to you, then I really don't have anything else to say. Always nice to meet another open-minded mustang driver. :loser:

How many of these supposed 1500hp race cars are there? Please point them out to me.
heres one well over 1,500
http://content.godragracing.com/vids/shakedown/105_lynch_solo_rounds_2_record.wmv
and one more
http://www.hpjvids.com/ndacut/LYNCH.mpg
show me a 4 banger that can do that.
and it has the 4.6 mod motor still in it

Last edited:

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
No one

4CYLNDR said:
that skyline motor can make more power than the mustang motor twice its size. the only thing sacriligious about it is sticking it in that hunk of junk that weighs a ton and isn't balanced at all.

But i guess no one with a mustang really cares much about anything other than going in a straight line . . . in which case . . . i dunno what to say.

Funny how its not nearly as "sacriligious" to put a big heavy v8 motor in a lightweight japanese car.

No one??? :poke: :bash: :smmon: get real

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
prochargedcobra said:
the japs crushed the american auto industry? yeah and then you woke up from your dream and realized that the world is round after all. seems to still be thriving to me.

Then why are the big three having such financial problems, while Toyota and Honda continue to thrive in America? GM, Chrysler, and Ford are all trying to reinvent their management structures and employment base so they can start to actually make some money again.

4CYLNDR

Established Member
prochargedcobra said:

wow. have you been paying any attention to the markets at ALL as of late?

Users who are viewing this thread