Division X Does More With Less

nycarpenter

Established Member
Fore innovations has the snap lock O ring setup with twin twin TI 405s or twin GT'S and Walbros.. No more hose to rupture or blowoff at the worst possible moment. Let the fuel system wars begin :) I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Fore innovations has the snap lock O ring setup with twin twin TI 405s or twin GT'S and Walbros.. No more hose to rupture or blowoff at the worst possible moment. Let the fuel system wars begin :) I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

So, are you saying that the Fore hats no longer use the short rubber hose that connects the pumps to the hat?:??:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Can the pumps be run returnless with FPDM? I might just run a single pump. Can I get away with 1 pump, and a stock FPDM for around 550whp?

nycarpenter

Established Member
So, are you saying that the Fore hats no longer use the short rubber hose that connects the pumps to the hat?:??:

No more rubber in the tank. For some this may seem trivial but for me I ruptured that $20 a foot rubber hose twice in the past 6 months. The new Fore Innovation hats can grow with your build. Put GT pumps first then Walbro or TI... I am not knocking Division X at all just stating there are now several good options available ...

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

No more rubber in the tank. For some this may seem trivial but for me I ruptured that $20 a foot rubber hose twice in the past 6 months. The new Fore Innovation hats can grow with your build. Put GT pumps first then Walbro or TI... I am not knocking Division X at all just stating there are now several good options available ...

In regards to the snap lock o ring setup it sounds like a great selling point. Obviously enough to have impressed you however it's never been an issue. Yes people who have done PPRV deletes have seen ruptured hoses however that's a completely different scenario. The PPRV delete uses long pieces of hose which are bent to fit in a very tight spot.

The 30R10 hose used on the original hats and the DX ones is 1.75" long. It's not bent and sits straight the entire time. Most of that 1.75" of hose sits on the barb on the bottom side of the hat. The other portion of the hose goes over the outlet of the pump. There's less than an 1/8" of hose in that piece that actually isn't contacting something that gives it support.

Now that I've explained the technical end of it I'll also give you the real world info which actually holds more weight than that. Lethal Performance sold more Fore hats and fuel systems which used their hats than any other vendor in the country. We used them on 4 of our own shop cars. Cars which have all been pushed to the limit running higher base pressures and supporting HP levels over 1000rwhp even on E85. We've NEVER had any of our customers call us about a hose failure on one of those hats nor did we ever experience a failure on any of the hats we used on our cars.

With that said it's a non issue and nothing that needed to be addressed.

As far as growing with your build is concerned the new DX-SN016 hats do just the same. You can use them with the Walbro GSS342, Aeromotive Stealth 340, DX 340 Stryker pump as well as the new Walbro 400lph/TI405's (which are the same pump).

I'm sure if DX wanted to make their hat compatible with the GT pumps they could do so as well but why would you even want to? With 2 GT pumps, hat, dual fpdm/modded FPDM you could have purchased a budget return system and saved a few hundred dollars at the same time. You'd also be getting a much better system than staying returnless.

Jared

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I called about 3 weeks ago looking for a comparable piece to a triple walbro hat for my build and at that time there was nothing. The young lady took the time (after hours I might add) to explain to me that in the near future, DX would be producing a new hat that would except these 'big boy' pumps. I felt a bit discouraged because I didn't know when this/these would actually show up and didn't want to have to hunt down something that would support my need.

As soon as I saw this on the homepage, I did a little :dancenana:

This will be on order next week right along with these pumps!

Big thanks to DX and LP.

And thanks Sid for putting it everyone's face!

:beer:

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
IT'S HERE!!

NEW DivisionX hats in stock.

Houses (2) Walbro GSS342's, DX Stryker 340 Pumps or the new DCSS 400lph Walbro Pumps
Larger bore for feed and return lines
O-Ring Fittings for feed and return

newdxhat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread