do i have a chance against ws6

boosted99si

Established Member
one of my friends or acquaintances has a 02 black ws6 very nice lookin car and bone stock except magnaflow exhaust....i drive a 01 stage 3 mustang with exhaust and a few other small mods i was wonderin though if i would be able to beat him ???

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Go race him and then come back and tell us who won. :beer:

That is what racing is all about, give it your best shot.

Last edited:

whitebread

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
one of my friends or acquaintances has a 02 black ws6 very nice lookin car and bone stock except magnaflow exhaust....i drive a 01 stage 3 mustang with exhaust and a few other small mods i was wonderin though if i would be able to beat him ???

whats a stage 3 mustang? if your mods are pretty much just exhaust, then you will loose. they are very fast, especially top end, those things pull like crazy up top.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
whitebread said:
whats a stage 3 mustang? if your mods are pretty much just exhaust, then you will loose. they are very fast, especially top end, those things pull like crazy up top.
it means stage 3 roush i belive

Roush380R

Established Member
Where are you at in Charlotte? I am in Fort Mill and there is another owner of a 01 Stage 3 in Fort Mill also.

You will have no trouble with the WS6 handing him his a**.

boosted99si

Established Member
roush stage 3 not a modded GT i hate GT's they are slow....my roush yes is S/C and im gonna go for the race tonight if i can get up with him thanks for yalls input and im in the university area its about 45 minutes from rock hill i think

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
roush stage 3 not a modded GT i hate GT's they are slow....

:lol: :lol:

What do you think a Roush Stage 3 is?!?! It's a Mustang GT with a blower, better brakes, and some cosmetic mods!

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I think it'll really depend on the driver...you should be able to beat him, but not by much

Roush380R--I met you over at the Palace back in Sept, I was riding the R1 that night, but have since sold it for the Cobra...you coming out this weekend?

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
You should be able to beat him, if you can drive. My modded GT can beat them (WS6 with exhaust) up to about 90 mph, then their ram air kicks in and they put cars on me.

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Ram Air is pure BS! Fbody's are bottom feeders. Meaning they have an air dam underneath the front of the car to direct air up to the radiator and into the air box. The Ram Air term is simply for marketing just like the Hemi. It actually has little performance effect.

Roush380R

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
I think it'll really depend on the driver...you should be able to beat him, but not by much

Roush380R--I met you over at the Palace back in Sept, I was riding the R1 that night, but have since sold it for the Cobra...you coming out this weekend?

Not this weekend, going out of town now. 04 Cobra......Nice choice! :thumbsup:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Ryan02SS said:
Ram Air is pure BS! Fbody's are bottom feeders. Meaning they have an air dam underneath the front of the car to direct air up to the radiator and into the air box. The Ram Air term is simply for marketing just like the Hemi. It actually has little performance effect.

Not sure about that. Once you take the air restrictor plates out of the hood inlet you can actually hear the air getting sucked in around 60+ mph. I have never had any trouble breaking away from a WS6 at a low mph.

joegt38

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
roush stage 3 not a modded GT i hate GT's they are slow....my roush yes is S/C and im gonna go for the race tonight if i can get up with him thanks for yalls input and im in the university area its about 45 minutes from rock hill i think
:rolleyes:

And yes a S/C roush is a modded GT. But a stock stage 3 s/c Roush is a good run with a stock WS6. Stock stage 3 only dyno around 330rwhp, stock Ws6s dyno near that.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
joegt38 said:
:rolleyes:

And yes a S/C roush is a modded GT. But a stock stage 3 s/c Roush is a good run with a stock WS6. Stock stage 3 only dyno around 330rwhp, stock Ws6s dyno near that.

This is very true...i had an '03 Acura CL-S on nitrous that was door-to-door with a stage 3 roush til about 140mph...

Some people just don't realize their Roush's are just GT's with some suspension upgrades and cosmetics'...not taking anything away from them b/c they do look pretty sweet :rockon:

joegt38

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
This is very true...i had an '03 Acura CL-S on nitrous that was door-to-door with a stage 3 roush til about 140mph...

Some people just don't realize their Roush's are just GT's with some suspension upgrades and cosmetics'...not taking anything away from them b/c they do look pretty sweet :rockon:
Id rather put a cent. blower on a GT (Like I did) and make 60+ rwhp then the roush. But your right its pretty.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
ampstang said:
Not sure about that. Once you take the air restrictor plates out of the hood inlet you can actually hear the air getting sucked in around 60+ mph. I have never had any trouble breaking away from a WS6 at a low mph.

If you can hear the air getting SUCKED in, then it's not being RAMMED in, now is it?

Ram air just doesn't work at anything less than 150+ mph, some references even say 200+ mph. Do they work on Top Fuel cars? Yep, but good, cold air is all that "Ram Air" is providing at the speeds us mere mortals travel.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
joegt38 said:
Id rather put a cent. blower on a GT (Like I did) and make 60+ rwhp then the roush. But your right its pretty.
I hope that you enjoy that extra 60rwhp at 6,200rpm. Because the Screw style is gonna put about 60rwhp and 70rwtq in the low and midrange rpms.

Users who are viewing this thread