Dont know I never posted my purchase, 03 whippled Cobra

jcurtin

Established Member
I was on here for months on end searching and getting info. I bought a car and just realized that I never posted anything about it lol.

After looking for months I finally found a car back in June. 1 owner car, 30k miles on the clock when I got it. Owner was 55 years old and could no longer push the clutch in, kept a handicapped pass in the window.
He had a 2.3 whipple installed, 3.0 upper, bassani mids, 60lb injectors, xipipe and mufflers, mccloud clutch, pro-5.0, accufab single blade, granatelli maf, BAP, 10.5 rears with 315 nittos. Was orginally tuned at Alternative Auto by Lidio. I kept that tune on the chip. Flew out to just outside of Detroit to get the car, paid 22k for it. The old guy traded it in, and I scooped it up as soon as it popped up on autotrader. I talked to the previous owner on the phone and saw all the receipts so I knew everything was legit. After my 12hour drive back to Nebraska I took it to the dyno and it laid down 513/500. The old man said he had it detuned, which was obvious. I had it retuned and made 573/536 on a july afternoon.

Picking up from dealer...
34439_404646605778_505020778_4890846_5314372_n.jpg

on the way home
34439_404646615778_505020778_4890848_664878_n.jpg

Dyno trip after retune(had a buddy make the pulls since I'm a single dad and kids were with me, mom is on a remote to Korea)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cPrUMMnkJM"]YouTube- cobra[/nomedia]

Took it to the local 1/8th mile, best I could get out of it was a 7.95 @ 95mph, wheel hopping like holy hell. All I have added is an IRS brace. I plan on putting no money under the hood since it needs no more power, I'll be putting money into making it hook. Either way, Its my 1st mustang(always been a pontiac ls1 guy, 2 trans-ams, ls2 gto) always wanted one so I looked long enough and pulled the trigger.

As it sits today.

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg
[/quote]

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase, and BTW I like your plate. :lol:

gabe1530

Banned
thats a really nice cobra you got there.
put some subframe connectors on there asap! it will be a whole new car.

oldmodman

Established Member
If you are going to be running the car at the drags, and want to keep the IRS you should install Bruce's diff bushing kit. And I didn't notice, but foes the car have sub frame connectors welded in? If not you should invest in a set. Do a search, or just get the Maximum Motorsport full Length Sub frame Connectors. They are the least expensive, most bang for the buck mod you will ever do.

Here's a link to Bruce's kit.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-kit-w-adj-sway-bar-links-bumpsteer-kit.html

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Congrats and nice purchase. With that kind of power, you should be in the low 11's at 125+mph all day.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Heck of a deal there. I bought my car brand new and have put a ton of money in it over the years and still don't have a Whipple. You got a heck of a great price.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Nice car. Runs strong it seems like.
Throw some HID headlights and fogs in there and your front end will be complete.
UMAD? haha I like it

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Nice looking ride. Add some MM Subframes, and Bruce's full kit, Bolts, and Grease Fittings. 1/2 coil cut your springs, for a slight drop, and you will be good to go. Couldn't get a good look at the A/F on the Video, or Boost level, did the tuner tell you how much timing is in the tune?? Good power and sounds great. Best part was the 2 "Cobra Kids"...

jcurtin

Established Member
Ever take that car to lincoln or Omaha and play around yet?

Omaha yes, Lincoln no. Kind of hard to play around as a single parent. Since my wife left a month ago I have had a sitter on 3 occasions
1.big yearly omaha cruise
2. trip to local 1/8th mile
3. trip to local 1/8th mile. lol

Thanks guys, after looking and looking and looking even more and basically begging for a comp orange from hi-end with way less mods and a couple of issues for the same price, this one popped up. I emailed on a weds, sent another offer on friday, flew out on tuesday. This is the 1st car I have bought that was not stock, I have always wrenched on my own cars. But in this case, I saved a ton of money and couldnt be happier having bought something well taken care of not beaten and modded right.

I will probably order the sfcs asap now that everyone is throwing it out there. Lowering it is somewhat of a priority as are the hids, wrench turning isnt as easy as it once was around the house lol.
Plus, I do not plan on doing alot to the car right now, I have orders to Okinawa for next year, so the Cobra will be sitting in storage until I return stateside to throw alot of hook money into it.:rockon:

Oh, boost was 18lbs timing 19* I believe. Seemed like it started to miss up top from the fuel signal? This is new to me, I have had 3 different ls cars, 2 of them nitrous queens and nver had to ask so many questions while at the dyno. I ordered the wiring upgrade for the bap, I have yet to install it though. My dyno guy said it should cure the problem. But I have looked at alot of whippled guys graphs and some of us have same mods to the T, and they do not have that wavy looking graph.
SCAN0007.jpg

go2cdmb

Established Member
Thanks. I have been saying "U mad?" for a few years to people, so it only seemed right. Plus if I'm in front it says "Umad"? If I'm behind it says "DamU". Worked out well.

LOL, thats funny. Wheen I first saw it I was like damn, he's just waiting to get his car keyed by some idiot... Kind of like the people that get the "hi hater' stickers. Dopn't get me started on that lol...

But after I had read the above, it's pretty damn witty!@@ :beer:

go2cdmb

Established Member
Goota love silver, my favorite... I'm looking for another right now...

VERY sharp. And good idea on the painters tape, how did you tape the side scoops?

Lose the Alaskan edition antenna though lol

Users who are viewing this thread