Drag Struts- Fox or SN95

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Over the winter, I'll be installing a set of 4 cylinder fox springs and some drag shocks on my car. I need to know if I should run an SN95 specific shock, or a Fox drag shock. I don't want the shock to stick up 4" out of my shock towers in the engine bay. I'm leaning toward the fox-body shocks, but want to make sure.

NXGHOST

Established Member
I found better ET's with the SN95 Front struts. The front would come up high and the fox shocks ran out of stroke and the weight transfer would come to a sudden stop. IF I had enough power to pull the wheels that would have been great but I didn't. By going to SN95's I had an extra inch of stroke and there was no "Clunk" as the front suspension rose.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I found better ET's with the SN95 Front struts. The front would come up high and the fox shocks ran out of stroke and the weight transfer would come to a sudden stop. IF I had enough power to pull the wheels that would have been great but I didn't. By going to SN95's I had an extra inch of stroke and there was no "Clunk" as the front suspension rose.

Did you get a noticable 60' improvement by going with drag struts? I'm trying to figure out if the money will be well spent- I think I'm on stock struts as of now, so I'm due for some new ones anway I guess.

NXGHOST

Established Member
Did you get a noticable 60' improvement by going with drag struts? I'm trying to figure out if the money will be well spent- I think I'm on stock struts as of now, so I'm due for some new ones anway I guess.

I found the Tokico Blue Shocks work best for me at the strip and street. I cut 1.59's with the Tokico's. With Drag shocks I was cutting 1.55's but they sucked on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread