Driving your Cobra poll question

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I would say 90% of pickups with loud exhaust think that they need to race where i live. Other than that i havent came across enough people with an actual sports car. Every time i am in my daily beater i get beside some though.

Last edited:

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
I would say 90% of pickups with loud exhaust think that they need to race where i live. Other than that i havent came across enough people with an actual sports car. Every time i am in my daily beater i get beside some though.
I don't own a cobra, but ^^^ this x1000000. Especially diesels! It happens when im in my 12 GT or im with my buddy in his 03 cobra.

testorossa1989

Established Member
In summer about two days a week or a weekend. Occassionally you get a kid in a mitsubishi or subaru thats overly confident

Anabolic

Banned
I get the ones where they try to go faster as im just cruising along. makes NO sense, and the "rip it" my (tires cost to much) comment shuts them up.

mustang john

Established Member
Not many at all... when you roll on the street with big and littles, rubber splattered on the rear quarters from burnouts at the track and sport a roll bar... nobody wants to play with you. lol

Or those who do want to play have no idea what they are looking at.

Either that or im just getting old and dont look hard enough. lol

03SVTscott

Established Member
I don't get that try to race but try to go faster than me if that makes sense? For example if I cruise by someone on the highway (I usually go 5 over the speed limit) it seems like they want to catch back up and go faster then me? The other part of that is sometimes they do this then slow back down to thier orginial speed but if I start catching back to them they speed up just so I don't go around them.

This happens to me every time I drive mine. When I drive my DD this never happens.

4601S/C

Established Member
I get more looks and thumbs up signs or waves than anything. There have been a few who want to race or just mess around. Oddly I get more looks from groups of chopper riders than anyone it seems. I haven't been driving my Cobra that long though.

I was rolling down this really nice cruising road we have one time and a big group of bikers were coming up on me. At least 5 of them kept looking at my car as they came up on me, but not as they went past. I got nervous thinking they were going to mess up my car or something. I had my hand and foot ready to hit 2nd lol. Just a month or two before that there was a rash of highway vandalism by some group of chopper riders.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Seems other people always yell out "smoke the tires!" or "light'm up!" when I'm at a stop sign. Yeah right, I'm going to get tickets for you.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
For my Cobra...zero ppl have tried to play in the 4.5 years of owning it. i mostly DD the Lightning and i've had one that i thought wanted to play but didn't. Back when i lived in FL, i had people from mini vans to other mustangs and such try to play daily. That was when i had my 95GT though.

b_dike

Established Member
Guess it depends on the time of day I'm driving. When I take it to work I get nothing, but coming home from the bar on draft night, I got two wanting to play. One was a stretched gsxr, who toasted me. The other was a wrx who I didn't race...

Users who are viewing this thread