Dusted a 5.0

boosted99si

Established Member
Last night i was out just cruising around this local area, when i see a burgundy colored 5.0 mustang and it has the cut off pipes underneath. I'm with a buddy of mine and he pointed it out to me so i picked up the pace a little bit he just FLOORS IT. Honestly it sounded really good and looked fast but i figured what do i have to lose? I catch him we pull over and he says he had a turbo put on it but refused to pop the hood. I told him my mods which arent much exhaust intake and gears. So we line them up from a stop in this vacant business district and i pulled on him til about 75 and he started to edge back. We went from a roll next time at 45 and at 45 im in a high 2nd gear so that was a disadvantage but we stayed pretty even sounded like he might have missed a gear but pretty cool guy, besides refusing to pop the hood.

MadHandle8169

Established Member
How is him edging back on you and then you staying even with him "dusting a 5.0"? No flame intended but I think you might have used bad word choice for the title.

mackj66

Established Member
Isn't the stage 3 supercharged? If your car is supercharged with the mods you listed, he either had some major work done to be hanging with you and edging back, or you can't drive. ;-)
So, did you hear a turbo or not?

By the way, not trying to be a jerk. :beer:

Last edited:

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
you won?

stage3kiddo said:
Last night i was out just cruising around this local area, when i see a burgundy colored 5.0 mustang and it has the cut off pipes underneath. I'm with a buddy of mine and he pointed it out to me so i picked up the pace a little bit he just FLOORS IT. Honestly it sounded really good and looked fast but i figured what do i have to lose? I catch him we pull over and he says he had a turbo put on it but refused to pop the hood. I told him my mods which arent much exhaust intake and gears. So we line them up from a stop in this vacant business district and i pulled on him til about 75 and he started to edge back. We went from a roll next time at 45 and at 45 im in a high 2nd gear so that was a disadvantage but we stayed pretty even sounded like he might have missed a gear but pretty cool guy, besides refusing to pop the hood.

So did you win?
I know the title of your post said you "dusted" the guy...but one race you said was even and the other race you said the guy started pulling on you after 75 :shrug:
Give more details next time, i.e how many carlengths ahead and what speed you shut down. :thumbsup:

boosted99si

Established Member
i dont know why i put DUSTED a 5.0 honestly, sorry about that one, my car is supercharged with the stock one still on and i really cant drive all that well. I will admit that some people think they are incredible drivers but im far from it. Him pulling at about 75, i dont know how it happened or what happened maybe he was spraying, but he started pulling back. Sorry to start the flaming on myself i was still buzzing this morning after last night and thought i had it all.

boosted99si

Established Member
oh a question i forgot to answer was did i hear the turbo, im sure people with side exit exhaust can vouch for this YOU CANT HEAR ANYTHING but your exhaust, i had to get component speakers and a 12 in sub just so i can hear the music. I really regret trying to make it a loud car. I do believe him about the turbo though after having the 2 runs with him.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
If he did have a turbo he probably had a close to stock motor. A turbo'd headed, cammed, intaked, 5.0 would be death on the street. Sounds like you had a cool couple of races.

Users who are viewing this thread