Dustin's 2013 Shelby GT500 Build

What should the name of the thread be???

• Ohhhhh Yeahhhhhh!!!!!

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Dustin's Need Psycological Help Build!!!

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Why didn't you use a BIW?????

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Dustin's 2013 Shelby GT500 Build

Votes: 38 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Sorry to keep everyone waiting. First off I want to thank London Chassis Dyno for all the hard work, MMR for building one he'll of an engine, FI and LJMS for providing one of the baddest turbos available and of course the wife for putting up with the bullshit. We did get tuned by Steve Petty and the man is an absolute genius on BS3 idle, drivability, coming up on the T brake and making boost are perfect. So first pull we made as a baseline to backup what we seen on the chassis dyno and the car made 960 @ 7.1 psi peak and leveled out at 6 psi on the dyno jet. As we tried to put more boost on it we seen that the curve was looking very strange and overall was loosing power in the end we tried 6, 8, 11 and 18 psi and made the most power on the dyno at 8 psi which made 1031 on the tire. 11 and 18 psi made 995 and 998. Never turned it up higher than that as there was no point. Unfortunately the car was blowing through the converter just a bit too loose. So no big #s on this one. We are taking the car to the track this weekend to see how the converter will do. Really good chance it will be perfect for the track. The ET will prove everything after all the dyno is just a tool to get your tune right and I have never seen a tight converter that makes good #s on the dyno worth a shit on the track. Pettys personal opinion was that it was the most powerful mod motor he has tuned and that it is easily making 1400+. Just not gonna see it on the dyno. Depending on how it does this weekend we May send the converter back to Lenny at ultimate and have it tightened up and afterwards may consider revisiting the dyno. Thank you to everyone that has followed us through this build and stay tuned we may still surprise you.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
B e a u t i f u l

well here she is gents standing on her own 4 feet per say.........little heavier than we would like but still not bad at all for a full interior, backseat, navigation the whole 9.....we will be doing some preliminary tuning and dyno pulls on saturday not quite max effort yet but should be soon enough.

imag0113_zpsxse81zpe.gif

imag0116_zpsfowptbc_edit_1402537490169_zpsq9xx8h75.gif

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Hopefully you can get it dialed in at 18+ psi, that should make it a complete monster.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, track is where it's at for a turbo/unlocked converter, never work great on the dyno.
Looking forward to the track testing, where you going?
Petty working the tune at the track?
-J

rancid

Established Member
To make that power at only 8 psi is just maddening, I bet with a manual your #'s would have been through the roof. I was honestly expecting your car to dyno less than bird's even with the turbo because of the auto but I bet at the track you will be surprising a lot of people. Good luck and be safe!

dustin88lx

Established Member
If the converter was tighter it would have blown birdocs #s out of the water, we can run up to 30# on this engine. Unfortunately there was just no point in continuing to add boost with it slipping the converter so bad. Plus the harder you are on the converter the more potential you have for damaging the transmission. Although I have an automatic it really balances out because I'm getting free power from the turbo instead of the 100+ hp loss from turning the supercharger. Well just see what it does at the track. That's all we can do. I have a feeling it's gonna be a monster. But honestly if I run a second faster than birdoc on 200 less hp I'll take it.....lol the power is there 4 digit power on single digit boost.....lol

I think we will be going to London to run it and petty won't be there to do any track tuning that guy is on a different level. He is probally tuning jeg coughlins car this weekend. Once we find out what the converter is doing we may attempt to have him track tune it.

Last edited:

dustin88lx

Established Member
And I wasn't comparing ETs I was comparing dyno #s it took Mark 26# boost to make 1200 i made 1031 on 8# lol not even in the same league.

dustin88lx

Established Member
Wow, you are sensitive, and into dyno racing...

Lol nice response. Instead of answering the question. I don't care about a # on the dyno just explaining to the people who don't understand how a turbo car works, why it did what it did. As I said just gonna have to see what it does on the track!!!!

dustin88lx

Established Member
how are you putting all that down? Thompsons?

F

MT 275 ET street pro drag radial and a Damn good suspension. Turbos are a bit easier considering your already moving before they really start making a lot of power.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Pettys personal opinion was that it was the most powerful mod motor he has tuned and that it is easily making 1400+.

Congrats! That is certainly something to be proud of considering his background, likewise we are very proud to have one of our engines under your hood! Thank you for the business! We are very excited to see how it runs once the bugs are worked out!!

MMR

Can you post a pic of the Belt drive fuel pump , also is there a electric fuel pump anywhere on the fuel system ? HAHA shit you got Steve Petty helping you tune ,that's taking it serious right there . Ultimate will get that converter where you need it after some track time for sure .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread