dynoed my terminator

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
It really depends. I personally went with the tvs for the removable plenum (which I've had to remove once already) and the hard hitting torque down low that it provides. I'm sure I'm in the 675-700 range which honestly is a handful on the street. If I truly wanted more power than what I have I would consider a custom turbo setup.

Edit: I also believe that some initially go with a bigger blower and don't spin it hard enough and not running the right fuel. This makes the car feel lazy. I see no sense in slapping a 2.9 on the motor and only running 16 psi. A 2.3 will generally hit harder.
I agree with what you're saying for sure. The removable plenum is a huge benefit. I also agree with how your saying people buy big blowers and don't spin them hard, I don't get it either? I've never been TS but I always think if it's between the two why not go bigger.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys, and yeah I love how easy the 2.3 TVS is to install. the goal eventually is 700whp on E85. I guess I'll flip a coin when I'm ready to order one.

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
Your car runs nice and healthy. I can't wait to see results of a blower swap. I'm in no position to swap anytime soon so I'm very interested in seeing whatever results you get.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not matter what blower I get I'm more than likely taking off my 4lb Lower. I want to stay around 17 psi on pump gas

I had to get a custom upper pulley made for my whipple so that I could run 17-18lbs, because I didnt want to **** with the lower :D

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I though you wanted 700hp on e85? you shouldn't buy a 2.9 to be at 17psi! if e85 for sure then I say yes.
Well I'm not going to do a return fuel system right away, I'm going to do a 2.9 Whipple on my current fuel set up, then do a RXT clutch, than I'll go crazy with my fuel system and shoot for 700whp.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Well I'm not going to do a return fuel system right away, I'm going to do a 2.9 Whipple on my current fuel set up, then do a RXT clutch, than I'll go crazy with my fuel system and shoot for 700whp.

Good plan. The question is crusher or no crusher. I'm a Whipple fan (obviously) but what they charge for the crusher upgrade is unjustifiable IMO.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
what fuel system are you running?
I've been running the Lethal Performance Division-X return style setup. I started out with the GSS342 pumps but switched to the Walbro 465's last week.
On 93 octane and 20 pounds of boost with stock manifolds I made 631rwhp.
This week I am putting long tube ARH on the car along with a new dyno tune for E85. Hoping for 700rwhp.
I really LOVE this VMP Performance TVS upgrade with the GT500 throttle body!!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Good plan. The question is crusher or no crusher. I'm a Whipple fan (obviously) but what they charge for the crusher upgrade is unjustifiable IMO.
Yeah I have no interest in doing a crusher inlet, my brother's 03 cobra has a 3.4 crusher on it that installed and I swore I would never do it again lol.
I've been running the Lethal Performance Division-X return style setup. I started out with the GSS342 pumps but switched to the Walbro 465's last week.
On 93 octane and 20 pounds of boost with stock manifolds I made 631rwhp.
This week I am putting long tube ARH on the car along with a new dyno tune for E85. Hoping for 700rwhp.
I really LOVE this VMP Performance TVS upgrade with the GT500 throttle body!!
]
That's awesome man, I know you can make killer power the TVS, are your IAT2s crazy high with the TVS?

ctgreddy

Established Member
Nice numbers for a ported setup! I'm selling my 2.8 kb mammoth if you're interested in that :D

Users who are viewing this thread