Eaton Blower on 2001 Cobra

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I have a 2001 Mustang Cobra and I just bought an Eaton blower off a Lightning (I think it's an M90 but it may be a 112?). I talked to a few guys about installation and I don't think it should be too hard but I was wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how to get the fan belt routed as the alternator sits at the top of the block as apposed to the '03s where they sit on the side of the block. Can I just loop a longer fan belt up to the blower and then to my alternator??? Also, this blower's throttle body was designed to sit on the top again, as apposed to the '03 Cobras' which sits in back. Should I use a basic Lightning throttle body? If not what should I do?

Thanks alot and keep kicking ass

99SVTcobraVERT

i didnt think you could put a lightning blower on an 01 cobra, its hard enough to put the 03 blower on 01, have to have lower intake, mounting brackets,tbody, etc etc

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
You are a brave man. If you use a Lightning throttle body, I would bet (though don't know for sure) that the engine is going to be way too high for the stock hood.

I would go look at an '03 and either buy the alternator brace made for it or have one custom built.

You are going to have to be very careful with respect to the engine getting enough fuel. I think you will need injectors and a more powerful fuel pump (i.e., a '03 fuel pump). You will probably need a custom chip as well.

You are going to need a custom intake and an intercooler if you don't have one.

Good luck:burnout:

One last thought...I do admire your desire to innovate. But, if all else fails, sell it and buy a used Vortech system instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread