ebay rotors???

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
just wondering if anybody has bought the cross drilled/ slotted rotors off ebay. many people are selling them, but im curious as to how they work. pretty much all of them offer zinc coatings, and they all seem cheap. is that all that they are, is just CHEAP??? couple questions i also have:

1. What do I look for in a GOOD rotor?
2. What's better, cross drilled, cross drilled and slotted, slotted, dimpled, or dimpled and slotted???
3. Is it worth my time buying them off Ebay.com or should I stick with some stock ones from Napa??

Thanks guys!

OH-MAN

Established Member
I don't claim to know but drilled have had some problems with cracking. Some do some don't.
I personally would not get them.
Good ole factory ones are not that expensive are they?
Stan Ruslow on NLOC sells some nice ones also.
My truck has TCE front brakes with no holes, dimples, or slots.
Todd said the pads I have are slotted and that takes care of the gas release.
Not as cool looking but thats what I went with.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The Ebay or Rotorpros are ok, don't get drilled no matter what though. Best off to get slotted only.

NAPA has some slotted/dimpled rotors-Chris Nelson has them on his truck-maybe ask him about prices.

If you want the absolute best however you need to talk to Todd at TCE, you can't beat his brakes for the money.

unclemole

Established Member
I've got 20k+ on Rotorpros all the way around, slotted only. Good for a dd, not for open track. I'd get dimpled and slotted but not cross drilled. Forget the paint job too, it doesn't last.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
thanks guys. there is a set im thinking about buying off ebay that i get my choice of if i want them drilled, slotted, dimpled or any combo of the two. what pads have the least amount of brake dust but also good stopping power? ceramic???

Users who are viewing this thread