Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge Install...........

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
closeup of the fittings that connect to the fuel pressure sensor and the sensor.

Last edited:

Onelfastlride

Established Member
hey bassin,

you have any installed pics?

now what do you do about fuel left in the fuel rail?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You drain the fuel in the rail off using the schader valve (I used a rag to suck up the excess). Make sure the keys are out of the ignition so the fuel pump doesn't keep the fuel flowing. No smoking!

I'll take pics tomorrow of it installed.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I vote for this to be moved to the Modifications forum :) :beer:

BBriBro

Established Member
Bassin247, very informative. I placed an order based on your "parts list" I opted for the Kevlar tubing rather than the stainless steel. Once I got my parts I realized I couldn't attach the sender to the tubing ! I needed a female-female coupler in 1/8" NPT. After looking at your pictures again, it looks like the stainless steel hose comes with various fittings and such, Is that how you got yours? I am lucky the local auto parts store carries a nice selection of specialty fittings and adapters.

P.S. I also went with the fuel restricter, Part # 3277, to eliminate spikes and fluctuations, I haven' t got it all back together, but do you think this restricter is needed or beneficial?

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I didn't use a restrictor. I personally want to see any type of fuel pressure spike.

The stainless braided hose came with the necessary connectors to mate the AN fitting to the sender.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by allens-03
post a pic of the gauge inside your car please?

dash_pod.JPG

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
So if I'm reading this correctly, the Autometer electric gauge(#ATM-4163) needs extra hose and fittings for an interior mount?

Users who are viewing this thread