Engine Build

intermatic

Established Member
if your stuck with 93 octane, i would stay with the 2.3 tvs. with your stroker plans and cams it would easily make all the power you would need. be sure to get the gt500 throttle body and inlet as well.

there's a station with E85 nearby me which I'll most definitely be getting a tune for in the future.
I guess the choice would be between the 2.9 whipple and the TVS

Last edited:

intermatic

Established Member
engine3_zpsa5709ddc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
engine2_zps472e7442.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
engine_zps83fd6281.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Some pics of my block and new crank/rods.
TVS to be ordered next week.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
new crank, rods, & pistons (stroker kit, should be ~5.0l)
stage 3 comp cams, high boost jlt cai, ford gt pumps, TVS w/ gt500 throttle body

Sounds like a build I may do once I frag my stocker.
I already have the VMP TVS and GT500 TB though.
I actually have production model #1 for both.
What compression?

intermatic

Established Member
On my build I will bump the compression to 9.0-9.5ish.
I like the idea of free HP and more power at lower boost levels.
Best of luck with your build!!:rockon:

yea, i kind of wish i had gone a little higher, but i'll be keeping it on a pump gas tune for the foreseeable future so i don't mind really. if i ever want silly 800+ power i'll have to end up replacing the tvs most likely..and thats not happening anytime soon! thanks, i'll be sure to update the thread as it progresses

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
yea, i kind of wish i had gone a little higher, but i'll be keeping it on a pump gas tune for the foreseeable future so i don't mind really. if i ever want silly 800+ power i'll have to end up replacing the tvs most likely..and thats not happening anytime soon! thanks, i'll be sure to update the thread as it progresses

You will do great on stock compression.
I was at mid 600s on 93 at 19-20lbs 17*
Currently at 730+ on E85 at 21.5lbs 20*
This is on a stock motor.
730 on the street is a blast but takes throttle control to get traction.
At the track with drag tires it does very well.

intermatic

Established Member
You will do great on stock compression.
I was at mid 600s on 93 at 19-20lbs 17*
Currently at 730+ on E85 at 21.5lbs 20*
This is on a stock motor.
730 on the street is a blast but takes throttle control to get traction.
At the track with drag tires it does very well.

I'm very excited to get the car back.
I'm hoping there is a noticeable difference from my old nitrous/eaton setup which made 543hp and 504 torque on a mustang dyno.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm very excited to get the car back.
I'm hoping there is a noticeable difference from my old nitrous/eaton setup which made 543hp and 504 torque on a mustang dyno.

I used to run sprayed ported Eaton set up.
It was a blast but got tires of filling bottles and forgetting to turn the bottle on. DOH!
Having full time power just a press of the gas pedal is much better!

Last edited:

intermatic

Established Member
So after talking with my shop and erring on the side of caution, I decided I did not want to go with the TVS solely because of the EGR incompatibility.The last thing I want is for the EGR delete to cause a failed emissions inspection. I have to get it tested down in Maryland which I know uses less precise equipment than the NY emissions test centers, however I will soon be registering the car in NY and do not want to deal with passing emissions every year. I will be going with the 2.9 Whipple with the standard inlet instead.

D-MANN

Established Member
So after talking with my shop and erring on the side of caution, I decided I did not want to go with the TVS solely because of the EGR incompatibility.The last thing I want is for the EGR delete to cause a failed emissions inspection. I have to get it tested down in Maryland which I know uses less precise equipment than the NY emissions test centers, however I will soon be registering the car in NY and do not want to deal with passing emissions every year. I will be going with the 2.9 Whipple with the standard inlet instead.

Any updates on your build?

Users who are viewing this thread