Evo Kill

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
On the way home today a white Evo decided he wanted some. We just turned on to our exit and I gave it a little rev under the over pass to see if he would bite. Let me say first that there was a lot of traffic in front of us every time we tried to get something going.The first time we were to close to the cars in front so I did not even get out of 2nd and were nose to nose.
The second time I just got into third and was pulling on him when I had to shut it down. I waived at him as to say do you want some more. Well he did so we cruised past the police station ever so easy and then turnged on to a better road.
Every time he tried to get me to go from a stand still but I knew that with all the traffic that would not be smart on my part so I did not let him bait me into that. The third and last time we went from a 15mph roll. We were even until i hit 2nd and by the time I hit third he was at my back tire but had to shut it down again ( traffic ) but

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
Oops hit the wrong button, sorry guys.
As I was saying I waived out the window with a bye bye smile on my face.. I do have to give it to him though. That car was faster than I thought it would be but I can see how given more road I would have walked him pretty good. It did make me realize it is time for that pulley and custom tune.

cammed95Z28

Established Member
Yeah i got barely beat by one that traps 111's in my area... Those things can be mean... I'm gettin my DR's tomorrow though... Then I am going to hunt him down! :)

Driverlarry

Established Member
I smoked one with my Lightning. I normally wouldnt compare the vehicles to race but he wanted it bad so he got struck.

SVT_driv3r

Established Member
yea dude evos are very very fast cars from the factory and if you put about 10000 more into it youll push 390 hp to the wheels and those things will just fly... my supra owns them though so i dont care, imports are not something you always want to mess with there are alot out there that can run low 13's high 12's my supra runs a 10.3 at palmdale and there alot of evo's and STI's there and the STI is even more hard than the evo with the right mods on it. but if it came down to a choice id choose my lightning over my supra but i love all cars so i dont have favorites i like SUV's, trucks, sports cars, and imports. but SVT for life -Billy-

BlackSnake03

Established Member
i raced a WRX today. Held close in 1st, pulled hard on him in second, then just left him in the dust in third. I love how the cobras dont stop pulling regardless of what gear your in. 3rd pulls just as hard as 1st.. gotta love being blown.
Mike

cammed95Z28

Established Member
Originally posted by KwObAbY
Evos are not fast. They are quick! Big difference.

Its all relative. Alot of cars are "quick" to start out with but can be made fast.... I mean when you look at it my car was slower than his when i started out.... And I would consider myself "fast" now... Minor mods and he can be trapping what your 03 did stock.... Did you know that the Evo has the same old block as the turbo DSM's? As we all know, that is a very capable motor.. I myself don't knock the Evo's at all. Just my .02.

Chris

Drift Samurai

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT_driv3r
yea dude evos are very very fast cars from the factory and if you put about 10000 more into it youll push 390 hp to the wheels and those things will just fly... my supra owns them though so i dont care, imports are not something you always want to mess with there are alot out there that can run low 13's high 12's my supra runs a 10.3 at palmdale and there alot of evo's and STI's there and the STI is even more hard than the evo with the right mods on it. but if it came down to a choice id choose my lightning over my supra but i love all cars so i dont have favorites i like SUV's, trucks, sports cars, and imports. but SVT for life -Billy-

HUH??? You choice a lightning over a supra? WTF? Woah... I think you are the only person in this planet that would do something like that. Congrat :beer: . And by the way, you dont know what the hell you're talking about. "10,000" for 390whp? 10,000 and you'll have +500whp with a built heads that will allow you to rev over 8K. Go to evolutionm.net if you guys call this bs.

P.S 3K in mods and you'll have 390whp. You guys might have seen the vid of a silver evo vs the silver z06 (z06 blew a motor). That evo has 3K worth of mods.
:thumbsup:

IE Evo

Established Member
True the Evo is very mod friendly and if the 03 Cobra was not in production it would be the king in going fast cheap with the Srt-4 right on its heels. Remember guys when Evo owners put 2-4 thou into their car they have a 32,000 dollar car that runs low 12s at 110-114 mph . Some have done 11s with under 5 gs but those are the aberations and you Cobra guys have them also. Guys that run 12.5 stock and we have guys that claim 12.9 stock. However on avg pullied Cobras with all the bells and whistles on Nittos run low 12s and so do Evos with 2-4 gs invested and proper tuning. If you go to the track and talk to the Evo owners that have done it right you will find that with minimal mods they can be respectfully quick like their bro DSM. Also the guy that posted that Stis are sicker and have more potential you need to get out more. Srt-4s are putting down more smack at the drag strip and only 12 sec Stis I have seen had turbo upgrades and they still were mid 12s at best.

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
40 to 100 is what matters :p , and i hear evo's dont do too well in that range

love the car, and hear they take mods better then the STi's, ive heard of STi's that blow on the dyno and cant handle more than 400WHP, again this is all stuff that i have heard and im not trying to flame an evo or an sti, they are both awesome cars

i just cant wait to see the EVO MR :D

IE Evo

Established Member
40 to 100 is alright but not on par with the 03 Cobra. In fact with Ecu tuning 40-100mph is pretty decent but in stock forum 0-80 is exhilerating but after that falls on its face IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread