Evolution Performance, Inc. GT500 Dyno Results

broeli

Established Member
Snorman said:
I don't think Sunoco sells 94-octane anymore, in Pa. or elsewhere.
When I'm in Pitt on business, I usually fill up at a station on Liberty Avenue, last time I noticed that they didn't have 94, and neither do the stations in Jersey.
Just FYI.
Regardless, one octane point is negligible.
S.
Yes they do. They have Sunoco 94 here in Ohio :-D

broeli

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
MD told me that on a 1:1 pull they see an average of about 5% difference.
It all depends on how the dyno load is setup also. A Mustang dyno can be made to read #'s similar to a dynojet. If the Mustang Dyno is setup properly to MD specs it will read lower..5% sounds about right, on average. A reputable shop won't alter their dyno but I've seen it done to give dynojet type #'s though....it makes the customers happier :)

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
broeli said:
It all depends on how the dyno load is setup also. A Mustang dyno can be made to read #'s similar to a dynojet. If the Mustang Dyno is setup properly to MD specs it will read lower..5% sounds about right on average. A reputable shop won't alter their dyno though :) I've seen it done to give dynojet type #'s though....it makes the customers happier

Yep. I am going to be looking to purchase a AWD-MD-1100-SE very shortly, and I have been researching all of the differences, and talking to my rep at MD as much as possible.

Fourcam330

Established Member
VelociTT said:
yeah, in pgh they sell 93 octane everywhere and 94 octane at sunoco (I'm not sure about other brands)

I think the 91 octane is what the dealer put in it because, well, its a dealer... and the minimum octane for these cars is 91 isn't it? with only 50 miles the car would still be running on the first tank of gas from the dealer (91 octane)

I was wondering if your Sunoco's still have 94, since the ones local to me don't. I heard they were phasing it out, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Yep. I am going to be looking to purchase a AWD-MD-1100-SE very shortly, and I have been researching all of the differences, and talking to my rep at MD as much as possible.

Sweet, my only question is do I have to drive to WV or FL for free dyno time? :-D

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
First let me say, I'm a drum beating major fan of the Shelby GT 500! However, I sure hope the stuff they are doing to that car helps out at the track. I watched Evolutions Shelby run at Cecil County Dragway Wednesday night, and well, I was kinda underwhelmed! Their best run of the night, on drag radials, was in the same neighborhood as my stock Mach 1! Obviously, the car was brand new, only had 21 miles on it!:eek: Plus I'm sure there is a learning curve associated with the drive by wire and other factors. Hopefully they can get this car running to its full potential shortly!

bubbrubb

Snorman said:
I don't think Sunoco sells 94-octane anymore, in Pa. or elsewhere.
When I'm in Pitt on business, I usually fill up at a station on Liberty Avenue, last time I noticed that they didn't have 94, and neither do the stations in Jersey.
Just FYI.
Regardless, one octane point is negligible.
S.

I live in the south hills and there is a sunoco 3 minutes down the road from me & I passed it a few times today... they were selling 94 octane each time I passed... maybe they like me?:shrug:

bunk22

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
First let me say, I'm a drum beating major fan of the Shelby GT 500! However, I sure hope the stuff they are doing to that car helps out at the track. I watched Evolutions Shelby run at Cecil County Dragway Wednesday night, and well, I was kinda underwhelmed! Their best run of the night, on drag radials, was in the same neighborhood as my stock Mach 1! Obviously, the car was brand new, only had 21 miles on it!:eek: Plus I'm sure there is a learning curve associated with the drive by wire and other factors. Hopefully they can get this car running to its full potential shortly!

What was the mph?

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
Sunoco did away with 93 octane and gives us shitty 91 octane now. THANK GOD. BP still has 93 octane as it's premium

drmustang

Banned
VelociTT said:
I live in the south hills and there is a sunoco 3 minutes down the road from me & I passed it a few times today... they were selling 94 octane each time I passed... maybe they like me?:shrug:

Ya, South Hills here also (Jefferson). Sunocos have 93 and 94 everywhere around here.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
It was 109 and change, just shy of 110mph.
I am sure that has a lot to do with the fact that the car has less than 100 miles on it. I've never seen a brand new car put down good numbers at the track. I would log up at least 500 miles before making any passes IMO. ROAD TRIP!!!

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Black2003Cobra said:
Very nice numbers from a Mustang dyno. What did you use for HP@50 and the weight? What was the AFR and how much (actual) timing was it running? How much boost pressure did you measure? Can you post the sheets?

I don't think those numbers are that nice at all given what stock 03 and 04 Cobra's are putting down. My 03 Cobra when it was bone-stock was putting down 373 RWHP and 370 in RWTQ at 94 degrees F. So there is only about a 46 HP difference and 40 ft-lb difference in Torque.

Given the hype around the GT500 its not what I call a blow-out by any stretch of the imagination. I love its looks but it should have never been any less than 500 to the RW off the production line bone stock.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
I don't think those numbers are that nice at all given what stock 03 and 04 Cobra's are putting down. My 03 Cobra when it was bone-stock was putting down 373 RWHP and 370 in RWTQ at 94 degrees F. So there is only about a 46 HP difference and 40 ft-lb difference in Torque.

Given the hype around the GT500 its not what I call a blow-out by any stretch of the imagination. I love its looks but it should have never been any less than 500 to the RW off the production line bone stock.

It all depends on how this MD was calibrated. If it was as it should have been then the difference is more like 66-70rwhp and 60-65rwtq. After nothing but a tune that's 460-475rwhp so far, what's an 03/04 put down after tune only?

jtfx6552

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:

I am much more interested in track results, than dyno results. For a lot of people who value their warrany, stock results are important.

This car runs stock, on Drag Radials, a best of 13.19 at 109, and we are in this thread talking about dyno results? Sure it is low milage, but it was past the first 50 start no boost cycles, right?

I'm sorry, but my '03 brand new , I don't remember the exact milage but I had had it about a week, went a best of 12.7 at the same track, in horrible weather, on F1's. Heck, my first run ever was 12.883 at 109.63. Weather information was on the ticket, it was 94 degrees.

So low mileage, check,

Horrible summer weather, check,

Same track, check,

Brand new car, never driven at the track before, check.

Best of 12.7 at 110 on F1's for the '03 vs 13.19 at 109 on DR's for the GT500?

Let the excuses begin, lol.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
It all depends on how this MD was calibrated. If it was as it should have been then the difference is more like 66-70rwhp and 60-65rwtq. After nothing but a tune that's 460-475rwhp so far, what's an 03/04 put down after tune only?

another forum had a GT500 owner on a Dynojet...made 412/409.....added catback and gears...446/421...

and metco now makes 2.70 pullies that add 4-5psi....

still not a fan though....love my 03!!!

cobra12003

Established Member
I have not put on a pulley in fear of losing warranty, I am sure those that are paying 50 + for shelby would be concerned with their warranty.
I to want to see track #s heck a dump truck could have 500hp but not go fast.

Users who are viewing this thread