Ex-p

RED03SVT

Established Member
CG P40-Polish & BWW

So I'm gonna detail the cobra soon and I want to try Poorboy's EX-P. Heard a lot of good things in past threads and want to see how it performs. However, I've never applied a sealant before and heard some people let it "cure" for some 12-24 hours. What exactly does that mean and should I apply more than one coat? I plan to try a new polisher I was given. P40 Polish from chemical guys. Has anyone tried it before? Also gonna top with Butter Wet Wax. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Letting it "cure" is pretty much applying it and letting it stay on your car for the recommended amount of time the product calls for. Some manufacturers might have a 12 hour "cure" time and others may have a 24 hour "cure" time. Just honestly depends on the which product you are using. It honestly will remind you of the process of applying a traditional wax, you put it on, let it dry real good and then wipe it off.....except the time from wiping it on to wiping it off will be HOURS instead of MINUTES.

My question to you is, are you going to use any glaze or anything before you seal it?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Have you bought EXP yet?

If not, you really might want to look at Zaino ClearSeal or Opt. Opitseal instead. Both are better sealants than EXP in both durability and looks. Wolfgang 3.0 is another alternative.

Personally, I had an issue with it allowing water/bird and ANY environmental etching. I sold my bottle looong ago. Your mileage may vary.

If you put BWW over it, any 'look' you had with EXP will be changed. Basically you'll see the color tone enrichen and the metallic will mute slightly.

6 hours is plenty of time for it to 'cure'. There's nominal difference between waiting overnight and not.

Do not use a glaze under a pure Sealant. The sealant won't bond correctly.

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Um, thats why you use a sealant over the glaze, I have used Menzerna, blackfire, and others multiple times in that pattern and had zero problems with bonding. Glaze it to help with the imperfections and gloss and the sealant to help protect it all. Works like a charm for me.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
i just bought some poorboys show car glaze, it said to always follow with a LSP. so i just did my truck with poorboys glaze, then followed with poly-seal and a final spritz of opti seal( white truck by the way). wish id read this earlier, but i think it came out good. wonder if collite would have been a better LSP

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Because OptiSeal has alcohol and other solvents in it; it will tend to "float" anything else on the surface to the "top" in an attempt to bond.

That info is straight from Optimum's Dr. G. on their forum.

It's not a big deal, it's just a matter of the ultimate durability of the LSP.

RED03SVT

Established Member
Have you bought EXP yet?

If not, you really might want to look at Zaino ClearSeal or Opt. Opitseal instead. Both are better sealants than EXP in both durability and looks. Wolfgang 3.0 is another alternative.

Personally, I had an issue with it allowing water/bird and ANY environmental etching. I sold my bottle looong ago. Your mileage may vary.

If you put BWW over it, any 'look' you had with EXP will be changed. Basically you'll see the color tone enrichen and the metallic will mute slightly.

6 hours is plenty of time for it to 'cure'. There's nominal difference between waiting overnight and not.

Do not use a glaze under a pure Sealant. The sealant won't bond correctly.

Yea. I already bought it and didn't realize BWW was a nuba. I'll just pick up some Natty's red and use the BWW for other cars. Overall the condition of the car is in really good condition. I've had the car for almost a year and want to do a full detail to get rid of some light swirls. I've just been maintaining it with regular waxes. Like stated earlier I've never used a sealant before or even a glaze. Not 100% sure what a glaze does. I want to make sure the car continues to keep up with the paint. I plan to clay bar, polish, sealant, and wax. Also, how often are sealants applied? Thanks for the responses so far.

Brad

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
BWW is a 'nuba-hybrid, like a lot of "carnauba" waxes on the market. I don't know whether you bought the Adam's or Chemical Guys label; but they're the same. (CG makes it).

A glaze enriches the perceived color to your eye and fills in small swirls so you can't see them/reduce the number you see.

Read this about Waxes vs. Sealants:

How to Wax Your Car for a showroom shine

Sealants like EX-P only last about 3-4 weeks if the car spends any sustained time outside. You can apply as often as you'd like.

RED03SVT

Established Member
So I finally went to work on the paint. Was able to get it all done before Fab Fords. Have to say I am very happy with the results with CG P40 polish. Paint looks brand new and it took out all the swirls and scuffs. Also very pleased with how much gloss was restored. Here is a pic of the cobra topped off with CG Nuba wax. Also happy with results. We'll find out how long it will last, but for now I would recommend:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread