Factory midpipe bolts backwards???

djdonte

Established Member
I am planning on doing LTs soon, and while crawling around under my car for a LCA relo bracket install, I noticed the bolts connecting the factory manifold to my midpipe are facing the engine. The nut is pointing towards the engine and on my side, there is just a round stud head. How the hell am I gonna get these off? It is a tight spot. Also one of my exhaust clamps are facing the wrong way too. On the install video I watched the bolts were the other way. I just had the clutch and pressure plate replaces under warranty due to high RPM lock out, so maybe that has something to do with it. TIA!

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
You will have to go through the top with long extension and wobble socket for one of the passenger side nuts. The rest can be removed from under the car. Just hope the tech didn't tourque them down with some power tongs.

Last edited:

RJ13GT

Established Member
Yeah I had to use the open end of the wrench to get the clamp loose. You just have to struggle with it till its loose. Lol! Oh and make sure you use some penetrant on the threads of the studs and nuts. One of my studs rounded off and the nut just free spinned on the stud halfway. That was real fun gettin off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread