Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Ring implodes at first bell

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Vitor's camp w/ trainer Shawn Tompkins have apparently accepted the fight, but are re-negotiating the pay. Who do you think wins? I say Fedor, but not due to the reasons some news pundits are stating. They're saying Vitor's undersized. He's 6'0" and 205, but he cuts a lot of weight to make 205. He should walk around at 225+. Fedor's 6'0" and weighs 233. Vitor's shredded with hardly any fat, and Fedor carrys around quite a bit of chub for an elite fighter. I don't see much of a size disparity and I'm sure Vitor would appreciate fighting without having to cut 20+ pounds. Thoughts?

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Vitor is definitely the quicker fighter, but Fedor has crazy grappling skills that I think will allow him to control the fight assuming they touch eachother with more than their fists.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Fedor most likely, but like I said in another thread: Vitor is the biggest threat to Fedor since CroCop.

One thing that Vitors trainer made a good point of was that Vitor is training as a 185lb fighter so he's probably going to be moving very quick and expect his boxing will be exceptional as well.

For his size Fedor is quick too and I think he will end up being too much but I really don't want to pick a winner. There's so much win in this fight that I think the ring might just implode.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
If anyone votes for Vitor they are either on drugs or dont know either of these fighters.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I can only hope Vitor ends Fedors reign of luck...

:pop:

Last edited:

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
fedor!!! the only thing that vitor would have going for him is his speed, but it's not enough for him to beat the last emperor!!!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Or has a mind outside of Fedors jockstrap...

I have been following Fedor since his early PrideFC days; so if you think im just one of those people that love him because of his record you are wrong. His attitude is great, he shows no expressions and his humble when he wins. Thats how a fighter should be.

Now a fight I would like to see would be Fedor vs Cro Cop when Mirko was in his prime but that wont happen :(

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Despite all of Fedor's attributes, he showed some vulnerability in his fight with Arlovski. Right before Fedor made him look out his earhole, Arlovski was doing very well controlling the action and frustrating Fedor. Belfort has excellent handspeed and instincts. Although Fedor holds the edge in the overall game due to his grappling and submission skills, Belfort has far more than a punchers chance in this one. I think it might actually turn out to be a great fight.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I have been following Fedor since his early PrideFC days; so if you think im just one of those people that love him because of his record you are wrong. His attitude is great, he shows no expressions and his humble when he wins. Thats how a fighter should be.

Now a fight I would like to see would be Fedor vs Cro Cop when Mirko was in his prime but that wont happen :(

If you've been following him since his Pride days (like myself and most other hardcore fans), you must be aware that they already fought, and while both were in their prime. Fedor seems to have quite a lengthy "prime" though. I'm sure you can find their fight on Youtube.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Despite all of Fedor's attributes, he showed some vulnerability in his fight with Arlovski. Right before Fedor made him look out his earhole, Arlovski was doing very well controlling the action and frustrating Fedor. Belfort has excellent handspeed and instincts. Although Fedor holds the edge in the overall game due to his grappling and submission skills, Belfort has far more than a punchers chance in this one. I think it might actually turn out to be a great fight.

I think Fedor was playing AA that whole fight. To me it looked like he was letting AA's ego inflate a little until he saw him make a mistake and then BAM!... It/s lights out. It was all game planning imo.

I agree on the rest though.

king nothing

Established Member
Definitely a win/win for Vitor. Hes gonna make a whole lot more money than he would have fighting jorge rivera. If he loses, big deal. He stepped up a division and lost to the best heavyweight in the world. Most wouldnt consider a loss to Fedor a blemish on the record especially for a 205 guy. If he wins, hes the guy who beat Fedor and his stock goes through the roof

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Definitely a win/win for Vitor. Hes gonna make a whole lot more money than he would have fighting jorge rivera. If he loses, big deal. He stepped up a division and lost to the best heavyweight in the world. Most wouldnt consider a loss to Fedor a blemish on the record especially for a 205 guy. If he wins, hes the guy who beat Fedor and his stock goes through the roof

Exactly!

BLOWN PONY

Established Member

Agreed. See...

Now this is the type of Fedor fan I can accept.

I think Fedor was playing AA that whole fight. To me it looked like he was letting AA's ego inflate a little until he saw him make a mistake and then BAM!... It/s lights out. It was all game planning imo.

I agree on the rest though.

This is not.

Yeah... It sounds likely that Fedor was letting AA get a big head so he could out of ****ing no where land a punch while looking at his own knee...

Orrr....

AA was controlling the match and got caught with a big punch....

Common

Established Member
I can only hope Vitor ends Fedors reign of luck...

:pop:

Quoted for hilarity and lack of knowledge!

Do you understand what the word EVERYONE means?

Here, let me put it in context for you, Rod: Fedor has BEATEN EVERYONE that was put in front of him, while NEVER losing a fight.

A MW fighting the BEST HW in existence is a terrible fight. I dont even know why Fedor accepted this. The only way is IF he makes 80% of the money!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread