Feeler/What's it Worth? 1996 Cobra (Originally Mystic)

wasmstc

Established Member
I have a '96 Cobra that is basically fully built with a stock motor.
It has qa1 tubular k member and a arms and coilovers, eibach springs in the rear, ported 03 cobra manifolds, bassani o/r x pipe with magnaflow bullets dumped, welded subframe connectors, MM CC plates,MM steering shaft, upper and lower control arms, 31 spline diff. with moser axles and 4.30 gears, t56 with spec stg. 1 clutch, slotted/drilled rotors. Sits on 17 inch Cobra R's with 245 Yokahama tires front and 315 Nitto 555r rears. Car is repainted a atlantic/electric blue with a 4 inch single cowl hood, and saleen rear wing. DDM tuning hid's low/highs and fogs. Also have an SCT tuner with tunes from JMS custom chip and performance. The car is also tinted. It is one of the best looking sn95's I've ever seen. Im thinking of selling it and want to know what someone would pay for it. Odometer is stopped at 115k, runs great.

wasmstc

Established Member
Also forgot to list it has a C&L cai, imrc deletes, egr delete, and the throttle body has had one set of blades removed. All this was accounted for in the tune.

wasmstc

Established Member
96GTNoob

s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb361/96GTNoob/?action=view&current=IMG00082-20111025-1518.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1202.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb361%2F96GTNoob%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DCobrapic.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That and a pain in the butt to have a dealer do it...the wait on mine was over 6 months when I said screw it and sold it.

wasmstc

Established Member
I didnt have it repainted the previous owner did. However, Only the exterior is painted so if you wanted to go back mystic you would only need the exterior and under the hood painted.
What do you want for it? The repaint hurts A LOT.
Im just trying to see what someone would realistically pay for it.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
I didnt have it repainted the previous owner did. However, Only the exterior is painted so if you wanted to go back mystic you would only need the exterior and under the hood painted.

Im just trying to see what someone would realistically pay for it.

Oh rly? That's it? Just the exterior and under the hood? lol....so, the whole thing then right?

wasmstc

Established Member
Oh rly? That's it? Just the exterior and under the hood? lol....so, the whole thing then right?

It wouldnt have to be jammed out. Im just trying to be honest, no negativity needed, but thank you for the post.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I would pay the price of an average 96-98 cobra. Maybe a little more depending on paint quality and all. I would say between 7-8k, thats just my opinion though. You may be able to get more for it.

wasmstc

Established Member
Like I said, im looking at offers, waiting for this summer to really make a move. Which with that being only a month or so away (since im still in school) I figured i would go ahead and post it. The paint is less than a year old and has never been buffed out, I will be having it buffed out as soon as summer gets here.

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
I would pay the price of an average 96-98 cobra. Maybe a little more depending on paint quality and all. I would say between 7-8k, thats just my opinion though. You may be able to get more for it.

Can't help but call into question the paint quality given that the jams weren't even done..

No offense op.. Just noting

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member

Not a chance. Especially for a car with unknown true mileage. Whats the history behind the car? Accidents, last known mileage reporting, interior condition...

wasmstc

Established Member
Can't help but call into question the paint quality given that the jams weren't even done..

No offense op.. Just noting

None taken, I completely understand.

Not a chance. Especially for a car with unknown true mileage. Whats the history behind the car? Accidents, last known mileage reporting, interior condition...

The car has had 2 minor accidents, one front end before I bought it and one rear end about 3 weeks after I bought it. (By my own girlfriend) The car was completely painted by the previous owner after the accident, I bought it from a friend of mine and he is who had it painted. The paint looks extremely good but there are some flaws, I will have to further comment on this after it is buffed to really tell. After I was rear ended I had the whole back half of the car repainted professionally at the body shop. The rear bumper and trunk lid were replaced, and the driver side tail light. (She drove a jeep so it made contact more than one place) The parts could have been repaired but I didnt want to risk anything so I had them replaced. All mods on the car are around a year old so everything but the motor has around 10k miles. The computer has been replaced due to a programmer being used on the original computer and "frying" it as I was told. I purchased a new programmer and it works flawlessly. Also forgot to note that the car has a TA girdle support that I installed about 2 months ago and everything in the rear was in fact new. The car has a rear seat delete and I have replaced the 2 front seats with newer GT seats due to the original seats having cracks etc. I do still have the original seats though. I will get some detailed pictures soon with the Cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread