Finally bit the bullet

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
i know its not much, but i figured while i was ordering brakes from summit, i would order some hotchkis leaf springs. tired of the truck not being LOW. i plan on cutting a coil in the front to get it down where i want. onlything im worried about is i have JLP shackles on the truck now. how low do you think the truck will be on the highest setting on the shackles? if this will be a problem should i go back to stock, or go with maybe a 1" shackle. any imput appreciated.

here is the truck now

S5000521.jpg

shackles on middle setting

svtfordracing01

SilverStorm
Established Member
I am going to be putting my Hotchkis leafs on in a couple weeks. Definitely post some pics when you get them on. Oh yeah, nice color!

:pop:

04sonicL

Established Member
when I put on the hotchkis leaf springs in addition to shackles it was way to low for me. Your rear will be a decent amount lower than you front. I would do it with the stock shackles first to see how you like it. A one inch shackle might be ok.

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
thanks for the imput guys. going to see what happens with the shackles. if they dont work out who makes a 1 inch shackle?

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
cut the springs monday night, took about 1 1/2 hours with a buddy and my dad helping

lower.jpg

lower1.jpg

lower2.jpg

excuse the dirty truck

leafsprings came, waiting for shock extenders and possibly some new shackles!

anyone with the hotchkis leafs, can you give me a measurement with stock shackles and/or 1" drop?

s|ck

Established Member
Order some Belltech 2" Spindles + Hotchkiss Leafs + JLP Shackles + C-Notch and should look tits :coolman:

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
OEM springs with one full coil cut, isolators still in use. I also used shorter Energy Suspension sway bar end links.

Hotchkis leafs in the rear with SoCal shock extenders and JLP 1-2" shackles set in the center (of three) position. Relocated the mounting position in the frame where the sway bar end links bolt.

P4200401.jpg

P4200412.jpg

P4200420.jpg

P4200428.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread