finally bought a bike!!... *PICS*

Stylin97V6

Established Member
well after about a little less than a year of talking about it... i finally went out and got one. Been working with the salesman the past week and picked it up today.

I gotta say i was pretty intimidated getting on this thing, but my buddy who rides was coaching me over some basics and im slowly starting to get the hang of it. im still a complete noob and wouldnt trust myself in traffic yet... but so far im having fun.

now the question is... which one is gonna be faster... the bike or that 408 in the backround ;)

ok enough talk... pics time..

2006 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja 636... all black of course :)

49133.jpg

49134.jpg

Last edited:

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Cool.....looks really good even though im not really into bikes...But it looks very nice :beer:

OmahaStang

Established Member
Congrats you'll luv it.. Takes some guts to admit to being a noob too.. Take it easy and needless to say be VERY careful in city street riding. (stoplights side streets etc.)

Just don't become a squid.. LOL I dought you will though!

rmgtc01

Established Member
Sweet!! If gas prices hit 4.00 I am all over a used R6.
Let me know if anyone is selling.

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Nice.

They had a blue one for sale here that was just jaw dropping. My only complaint with it was that in anything short of a full tuck, I couldnt see the top half of the tach/speedo.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
I've wanted one for the longest time too. I'm 21 and the only thing close to riding I've ever done is Vespas whenever I go to Italy. I'd want a new bike but people tell me its not worth it to buy a new one as my first one bc I WILL drop it. On the other hand, a good friend of mine just got into a pretty bad accident with his bike (which he bought used, gixxer 600). Apparantly the brakes were not in that good of condition.

Only thing I dont want to happen is that I buy a 600 and then eventually get bored and want a liter bike in a year. A lot of my friends are in that boat and they have wasted a lot of money in interest and whatnot. Oh well.

Nice bike and good luck!

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Sweet! Wear your gear and don't be a dummy. :) If you haven't already taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation basic rider course, I highly recommend it.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Sweet bike dude! I've got a modded 2006 GSXR 1000.

The 408 will walk all over that bike though! A 600 is quick but a 408 will just be down right nasty. Bike has no hope on the highway. You will like the bike but if you are anything like me you will be wanting a 10R this time next year. ;)

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Sanchez said:
Sweet! Wear your gear and don't be a dummy. :) If you haven't already taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation basic rider course, I highly recommend it.

I second that. I took the class after riding for about 3 years and I still learned some stuff. The class was fun and I got to ride my first Suzuki GN125. It was a hell of a machine.

haha

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I woulda had to have gone lime green though. Whats the difference between the new 6R and the 6RR?

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I think the 6rr has a little different fairing and some engine difference..small things.

I'll be on an 06 Gixxer750 by the summer hopefully. Nice bike!

ccperales

Established Member
HAH!!, nice bike but my Harley has half the horsepower, twice the weight, and costs two times more than yours....wait that didn't sound right. either way awesome bike. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread