finally got a tune with bob kurgan

Izzy51o

Established Member
Waited for months for bob to fly in from Georgia to California to have him tune my car, car just didn't run right with the previous tune and once a while the car would turn off on idle and it ran rough...... honestly I couldn't be more happier with bob kurgans tune the car drives stock and drivability is better than stock.

mods:

2.9 whipple non-crusher 3.25 upper and 4lb lower made 24psi
ARH full exhaust
ARP head studs
fore innovation fuel system w/ ID1000 injectors
JLT cold air intake
7XX rwhp XXX rwtq

here's a little video of here which my buddy made of her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqZyChQLYg

Zemedici

Established Member
So dyno numbers are the end all be all to racing in Cali? Shit I need our tuner to make my car read 1100whp and then no one out there will **** with me. :lol:

You've already given out the mods, dyno #s are only important to you tbh. Dyno is a tuning tool, and numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Set up and car look good! Since you wont spill the numbers will you tell us what she runs at the track?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
What numbers would you expect ?

well...if it didnt make 740/680...I'd be pretty disappointed. Considering the 24psi boost level achieved with catless LT's...thats a ton of boost so obviously race fuel or E85 is involved (hopefully for your sake E85). Hopefully you made more

but, I'm pleased to see you appreciate the drivability he tuned in for you, thats a huge factor beyond dyno numbers. Tuners should achieve drivability first...then worry about hero roller numbers second. These cars will always be alluring because of the near stock driving characteristics they can demonstrate with HUGE HP/TQ on command when you press the fun pedal

congrats and enjoy

Izzy51o

Established Member
I'm happy with it, I'll be driving it around town and people wouldn't know what's under the hood or the numbers it's pushing.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Glad it's finally running right bro :beer:

The bay area shops leave a lot to be desired.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm happy with it, I'll be driving it around town and people wouldn't know what's under the hood or the numbers it's pushing.

That's a fun feeling for sure. But even I don't know what mines putting down, lol.

Congrats!

stangfreak

Established Member
well...if it didnt make 740/680...I'd be pretty disappointed. Considering the 24psi boost level achieved with catless LT's...thats a ton of boost so obviously race fuel or E85 is involved (hopefully for your sake E85). Hopefully you made more

but, I'm pleased to see you appreciate the drivability he tuned in for you, thats a huge factor beyond dyno numbers. Tuners should achieve drivability first...then worry about hero roller numbers second. These cars will always be alluring because of the near stock driving characteristics they can demonstrate with HUGE HP/TQ on command when you press the fun pedal

congrats and enjoy

Thats what my tuner and I thought my cobra was going to make on 25lbs. I only made 718 641 tq. On 22lbs I made 710 650rwtq. still have no idea what is going on with my car.

nice vid op.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats what my tuner and I thought my cobra was going to make on 25lbs. I only made 718 641 tq. On 22lbs I made 710 650rwtq. still have no idea what is going on with my car.

nice vid op.

I'd say nothing is necessarily wrong with your car if similar modded cobras are putting similar numbers on the same dyno.

stangfreak

Established Member
I'd say nothing is necessarily wrong with your car if similar modded cobras are putting similar numbers on the same dyno.

I need to get the logs from my tuner. 3 more lbs of boost, better fuel, new fuel system, and no gains? something is not right with my car

GodStang

Established Member
I need to get the logs from my tuner. 3 more lbs of boost, better fuel, new fuel system, and no gains? something is not right with my car

You will not always gain power by adding boost. You start to get out of its efficiency you will lose power.

Users who are viewing this thread