finally got to race an srt4

boosted99si

Established Member
you know when you go out in the family cruiser and ALWAYS SEE CARS YOU WANNA RACE well i always saw srt4's riding around but never when in the roush....but this past friday night i was coming back from the beach for thanksgiving and see a black one speeding up in my rear view mirror i was so excited i started to shake i wanted to blow his doors off....i pick it up to 70 just to make him look bad and give 3 honks i heard him spoolin up which helped him cause he stuck with me for a couple of seconds and then i pulled 5 cars over the course of time between 70 and 125 IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL KILL

addicted2boost

Established Member
Nice kill! I have yet to run into one of those little buggers in my terminator. By the way, how does the stage 3 compare to a terminator? I know my terminator is faster than my buddies stage 2 roush but i dont even know what the specs are for a stage 3.

MATT SS

stage3kiddo said:
you know when you go out in the family cruiser and ALWAYS SEE CARS YOU WANNA RACE well i always saw srt4's riding around but never when in the roush....but this past friday night i was coming back from the beach for thanksgiving and see a black one speeding up in my rear view mirror i was so excited i started to shake i wanted to blow his doors off....i pick it up to 70 just to make him look bad and give 3 honks i heard him spoolin up which helped him cause he stuck with me for a couple of seconds and then i pulled 5 cars over the course of time between 70 and 125 IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL KILL
NICE Kill, what times does your car run? My friend wants to race my 1996 SS A4 daily driver aginst his stock SRT-4. I really want to beat him w/o using the LS1 if i can.

boosted99si

Established Member
to the first question about the difference between the stage 2 and stage 3....racing a stage 3 is a whole other race the stage 2 isnt s/c and the 3 is other stuff is mainly appearance but then to the 2nd guy i havent ran it yet i usually drive it up there but decide i dont wanna look stupid and mess up on the launch and the closest track is only an 1/8th and my friends stage 3 ran an 8.1 spinning bad on streets there so i mean im not sure....the srt4's i heard are pretty quick with like 240 hp and 240 lb/ft of torque somebody correct me if im wrong but hey YOU WILL LOSE SOME RACES TRUST ME might as well see how you do

Romans8:28

Established Member
Nice kill but be very careful which SRT4 you pick on.......... there are going to be a whole lot of 360-400 rwhp versions running around before you know it. Stage 3 has been released from Mopar and people are eating them up as fast as they can.

I owned and SRT4 for 6 months....... those cars are no joke. I have two friends running in the mid 11's in those cars (with ~4K in mods)

boosted99si

Established Member
yeah i heard about them oh and trust me im not in anyway shape or form saying they arent powerful and fast....i know a 400 whp srt4 would blow right by me but they are a very cool car wouldnt mind taking one out for a drive or a ride along sometime and what part of nc are you in?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Friend of mine just completed stage 3 on his SRT4. ET I'll beat him in both the L and the Cobra, but he ran a 12.94 @ 114. So a roll maybe another story, well until I boost the Cobra. :D

boosted99si

Established Member
stage 3 will only run a 12.9 I RUN THAT STOCK ( i think thats the time for stock) but i mean from a roll it might be a bit of an advantage to them :shrug: but im sure with the x pipe and all i could take one off the line with a bit more experiencing with my car...the sucky part about my shifting is roush's shifter are very stiff and they like slam into gear and its hard to go from 2nd to 3rd sometimes

Stopsign32v

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
stage 3 will only run a 12.9 I RUN THAT STOCK ( i think thats the time for stock)

:lol: :lol: Kiddo, take your stage 3 to the track and then say what you run. :loser:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I have yet to find a SRT-4 at the track that could stay within 5 carlengths from my rear bumper. :burnout:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
stage 3 will only run a 12.9 I RUN THAT STOCK ( i think thats the time for stock) but i mean from a roll it might be a bit of an advantage to them :shrug: but im sure with the x pipe and all i could take one off the line with a bit more experiencing with my car...the sucky part about my shifting is roush's shifter are very stiff and they like slam into gear and its hard to go from 2nd to 3rd sometimes

on 15" fwd slicks he spins until 3rd gear. Car is pretty impressive. He's looking at some traction devices currently.

boosted99si

Established Member
stopsign what do you run? and im planning on running it i just havent yet....this isnt a car i've had for years like some of the members on here im 17 a student drive a stage 3 i'd say thats respectable enough but trust me i plan on running it later on down the road...i mean theres a chance i run a 20 second quarter theres a chance though i get into the 12's its all upon how good of a driver i am really but i mean i do respect a blown cobra as it says no doubt in that

The Wraith

Established Member
Nice kill !!
I raced one on 95 once he never fell behind more than 2 cars or so.Impressive lil suckers..

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
stage3kiddo said:

Get the new MGW shifter and don't look back. www.mgwltd.com :rockon:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Those little SRT-4's are pretty sick, even stock...there should be no problem for you if it was stock, put a little effort in to it though and you may have some trouble...

Stage3Kiddo---you should come over to Undergroundracing.com and check out some of the rides over there, plus we're gonna be hanging out this coming weekend

PS--this was not an attempt to solicit for their website, just giving another member some useful information

USAF04Cobra

Established Member
I'm sure that some of those SRT-4's are fast, but I haven't run any. I thought I had my chance to run one 2 weeks ago, but I guess the guy bitched out cause he didn't show up where we race. He claimed it was mildly modded and ran a second quicker than stock. It kind of pissed me off, though, when I'm challenged out on the strip and take the time to drive out to the spot and just wait for nothing. I saw the car sitting outside a shop as I drove back into town. What a tool!

Users who are viewing this thread