First 10 sec pass

Black Sex

Established Member
Finally got this fat girl into the 10s. I only get to the track once a year so It feels good to finally get it accomplished. Mods are pretty basic; FRPP TVS (14psi), CJ65, JLT127, LTS, no cats, stock catback, UCA, LCA, lowering Springs, stock svtpp shocks and struts. Full interior, race weight around 4040.

I drove the car and hour and a half to the track, changed rear tires and hot lapped the car for 3 hours making 15 passes. The C&R HE worked fabulous. I jumpered the system, took a pee break and by then the IC system was actually cold. Also running a VMP email tune.

I'm having second gear lockout and I think it's leaving a tenth or two on the table because of it. I'm thinking about trying g a N2MB WOT box. Not sure it if will help though.

DA was around 2870. Launches were around 3500rpm on 275/60r15 MT ET street radial pro.

20160724_000528_zpsgaojimmp.jpg

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm heading back up at the end of September, hopefully I'll see some 10.70s with some better air.

I was actually impressed with the 60' myself. I've never had good luck with traction during the Friday night Street race events. I bought a used set of radial pros to try and they hook great.

What do you guys think it would take to get the 60' down in the 1.4X range?

I am also running stock front wheels and tires. Any gains to be had by putting some skinnies up front?
I still occasionally autocross the car so I don't want to go drag suspension.
LCA are set in the middle hole of BMR relocation brackets

jonw605

Established Member
You should let me know when you head to the track in september. I'll meet up with you.
Have you tried a 4000 launch? You should try a Saturday at Thunder Valley....track has a lot more prep...

Users who are viewing this thread