First 2013 GT500 in the 10's

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
we can admit it..the car is stupid fast...thats a fact! You were the first person to bring up the GT500 vs ZR1 many threads ago. Not us. Like i said....i am overly confident you wont find many GM guys bashing the GT500 in any thread for any reason..price, availability, yada yada...but you find a lot of people bashing a very nice low 12 second ZL1. look back through all of my posts. You wont find a single one about me saying the GT500 is bad other than the mark up dealers hit them with taking them damn near $75-80k. Period.

I was the first then many others in other threads and I sat back for about 10 days kept quiet and now look my statements are being proven right in front of you.

GM fans were bashing a few weeks ago now there not wonder why.

And be real for once all ZL1 bashing is warranted period. How long we here about it would out handle a FORD GT the GT500 was an over weight brick etc etc, how long did GM proclaim this car was the second comming it truly is the most over hyped car I have ever seen.... ZL1=fail.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I was the first then many others in other threads and I sat back for about 10 days kept quiet and now look my statements are being proven right in front of you.

GM fans were bashing a few weeks ago now there not wonder why.

they arent being proven..the car is fast with mods..arent most GT500s? Z06s? ZR1s? damn even LS1s...we both know you were talking in context to stock setups with drag radials. The thread was the 11.x run posting and it was brought up how fast it would be with slicks and skinnies/mickeys.

Maybe you read a lot more than I did on this forum and others...but i dont recall to many GM guys bashing the GT500...we just stated with all the ZL1 bashing...yall better hope its makes the numbers its supposed too....and it obviously has.

Z28

Established Member
I'm guessing pulley's, longtubes, suspension, throttlebody, and a race gas tune

mr2cam

Established Member
Well this thread was good, until Cobramanofut decided to come **** it all up

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
And be real for once all ZL1 bashing is warranted period. How long we here about it would out handle a FORD GT the GT500 was an over weight brick etc etc, how long did GM proclaim this car was the second comming it truly is the most over hyped car I have ever seen.... ZL1=fail.

over hyped yes...amazing car? I think so. It runs low 12s stock in the right hands. Handles well. Has good bolt on potential. I dont think its a total fail. Again marketing and overall hype fail? probably....but its still a sick car and i bet 90% of the members here wuold love to have the opportunity to own one. Its still a fun car.

Most are pointing out direct limitations and saying its a slow POS...it runs damn 12s stock and in the upper teens. Thats fast enough to beat a lot of cars in stock form.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
over hyped yes...amazing car? I think so. It runs low 12s stock in the right hands. Handles well. Has good bolt on potential. I dont think its a total fail. Again marketing and overall hype fail? probably....but its still a sick car and i bet 90% of the members here wuold love to have the opportunity to own one. Its still a fun car.

Most are pointing out direct limitations and saying its a slow POS...it runs damn 12s stock and in the upper teens. Thats fast enough to beat a lot of cars in stock form.

:lol::lol:

Im done with Zl1 talk in this thread after this but your post of 90% of this forum would own a ZL1 when given lets say $60,000 over a 13 GT500 is down right hilarious. And I am called the biggest brand fan boy,LOL Im not on GM forums saying u all would love to own a 2013gt500 wouldn't you.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Trapping 140 is fuxkin fast.

Now, I wanna see that 4.5 whipple on the motor when it comes out.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
:lol::lol:

Im done with Zl1 talk in this thread after this but your post of 90% of this forum would own a ZL1 when given lets say $60,000 over a 13 GT500 is down right hilarious. And I am called the biggest brand fan boy,LOL Im not on GM forums saying u all would love to own a 2013gt500 wouldn't you.

forest thruogh the trees man...forest through the trees...i was stating that in the sense that it was a good all around sports car that a ton of people here would love to own.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
That thing is hauling the mail!! A ZL1 with the same mods is a Mid-low 11sec car on average. Maybe high 10 on a great pass. Thats a BIG difference.

qwikhuh

Established Member
I would be thrilled if that were only a tune and wheels but don't believe it for a second. Either way its flying!! I would assume pulley, tune, exhaust, and given the Steeda sticker in the window probably suspension or some sort of cold air kit.

The whole FIRST thing cracks me up but its their marketing strategy and obviously works. Pretty sure anyone with a 2013 GT500 and slicks can run 10's with a decent driver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread