First impressions of their 2010's??

spincobra03

Established Member
I was wondering what peoples first impressions were with their 2010 GT 500??? I pick mine up at the end of next week, if everything goes accordingly :banana: Just curious what some of the pros and cons people have noticed? I am like a little kid at christmas right now. I am financing basically the entire 47,000k so my car payment is something like 785 dollars a month, so I better like it!!!! As long as its an amazing car, I wont have a problem writting the check every month. The test drive was awsome and the interior is extremely impressive compared to my 03 redfire vert terminator that I was paying 580 a month in 2004. Spring cant get here fast enough!!! Again just want to hear from the 2010 guys with their input, thanks!

MD03SVT

Established Member
Having owed 3 terminators and 2 07 GT500's I can tell you that my 2010 GT500 is an all around better car than the previous GT500's which were better than the pre 05 Mustang's.Handling seatng position comfort and performance are all better in my opinion and I am sure that you will love it.BTW what color combo are you getting.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I love my 08, so I guess you are gonna have to take me for a ride in your 2010!

spincobra03

Established Member
Having owed 3 terminators and 2 07 GT500's I can tell you that my 2010 GT500 is an all around better car than the previous GT500's which were better than the pre 05 Mustang's.Handling seatng position comfort and performance are all better in my opinion and I am sure that you will love it.BTW what color combo are you getting.

Sterling grey with the black racing stripe.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Couldn't have said it any better. I too have a terminator and my 08' GT500 was a major step up from that. The 2010 is even better.

Jared

mullens

Established Member
+1. I had a 03 Term and 08 GT500 and this car is more refined and better all around. If only it had a TVS or better yet a twin screw..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
+1. I had a 03 Term and 08 GT500 and this car is more refined and better all around. If only it had a TVS or better yet a twin screw..

nice, but didnt you have a TVS on your 08?

MaximumPwr

Established Member
Love at first drive. Actually, love at first drive after the S/C got activated after 5 consecutive miles of driving. I was a little worried about build quality to be honest.(dont flame me please) But now that I've had my 2010 GT500 for a couple months I have to say, it is one solid car. Third to forth gear passes on the freeway are freakishly addicting. This thing hits triple digits quicker than any V8 sports car I have had previously(06 Pontiac GTO, 08 BMW M3). This is my first Ford and now I'm thinking about a new F150 for a daily driver to keep this beast company in the garage. I'm very happy to be in the Ford family. =0)

mullens

Established Member
nice, but didnt you have a TVS on your 08?
Yes sir. With the '10 I'm looking at a 2.9. Don't have the cash just yet. I have decided that when I pull the trigger I ain't fooling around. I'm going to drive out to VMP and have them install the 2.9 and tune it. Who wouldn't like a trip to Fla in the Spring?

Last edited:

MongoCobra

Established Member
Hi Guys. Thinking of getting a 2010 also - have there been any reported problems yet that require a TSB, like th '08 flywheel issue? thanks

MaximumPwr

Established Member
Traction is my only problem. ha. I wish Nitto made 555R's in 19" because 1st gear roasts the tires down easily and 2nd gear scratch is more like a rolling lane changing burn out. Have to be careful in this car. It's Great! Traction Control is your friend in this monster. But for real, anyone know if Nitto has plans to make 555R in 19"?

ruiner

2010 Shelby GT500
Established Member
Hi Guys. Thinking of getting a 2010 also - have there been any reported problems yet that require a TSB, like th '08 flywheel issue? thanks

there was a tsb released about rear bumper brackets & fitment that affected build previous to 09.15.09 mine was 09.23 so i am good.

Users who are viewing this thread