First kill with still incomplete Whipple 2.9

fishpick

Established Member
I'm still mid-tune building on my 2012 vert with the Whipple 2.9 and 93 octane that passed a 2500-4000 WOT pull the other day in logs...
So today on the way home from a car show with the top down I came to a stop on a 3 lane wide freeway off ramp. I hear a car behind me revving. Look in the rearview and its damn near touching me... Some sort of sedan. Ok.
Light goes green and I go around the corner. I hear the car behind me give it some gas and then... Hear a blow-off valve. Ok.
Guy zooms past me in the middle lane and I see it's an Audi... He then slows down so he's next to me as we are going about 40... And toots his horn, 1,2,3... I give it a quick jab of about 3/4 throttle (because the tune isnt completely complete yet) and my crap tires just shreak...
He's a speck in the mirror... Like to the point I'm not even sure he hit the gas... I hit the breaks as I'm at 80-ish and 5000 rpm, about to go over a hill rise. He catches up and gives me the thumbs up and passes me.
We get to a crossroad red light - I pull up and he's got his window down and yells "holy shit what do you have in there - that's a real sleeper!"
He said he saw my plate "WARP 5.0" and needed to know if I was the real deal or a poser. Nice guy. Itty bitty baby turbo.
Even so - was fun for a first kill ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread