first mods to the lightning...

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
That would def make your truck a whole new beast. Make sure if you go with a 6# lower that you get some type of MAF or MAF extender to play it safe especially since you are only running an 80mm now.

Youngunn

Established Member
@mcarbine-
So could i just get one of the 90mm MAFs like what are on the 2001-2004s, and be okay? cuz 200+ bucks for a big air MAF is a little *ahem* steep... right now anyways.

thanks man

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Even the stock 90mm MAF will peg in cooler weather and some guys have pegged them in summer months. You would prob be okay going with a 4# lower but there is risk even with that. If you keep your eyes open in the classifieds you can find some decent deals on Diablosport MAFias. The MAF extender really is cheap insurance when you consider the price of a shortblock cause when the MAF pegs the computer does not know what to do so it pulls timing and fuel and then BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM :pepper:

Last edited:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Mafia works great easier to tune with as well. Lfp is not a bad company they just don't provide the same level of customer service as Lethal does.

ttoys00

Established Member
i put tht kit on with a 4lb lower. woke up the truck considerably. went to the track 2 days ago and it ran 13.4 with a 2.0 60 foot with just installing that kit without the plunem and i added the valve body and CAi put stage 3 kit on not stage 1 sorry

Last edited:

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
i put this kit on and the truck became and new beast....the blower screams and it pulls really hard.....only down fall if you dont have a valve body the kit is useless cause it wont want to shift into 2nd cause it spins all the way through 1st.....i had the #6....just make sure if you order it to make sure they open all the parameters because if they dont you cant adjust anythiing from their tune...i sent mine back 2 times and now im happy.

Users who are viewing this thread