First Purchase Attempt from BBR - Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
Attempted to order a Stiffler's driveshaft loop to go with my Dynotech shaft. Just got a call today saying they can't honor the price on their website (at the time I placed the order) since their price just went way up supposedly. Bummer. I mean, I understand in some respects but an advertised price is an advertised price.

Maybe I don't need it afterall. Figured it was cheap insurance while doing the shaft. I won't road race but 2-3 times per year. Otherwise, she's my DD.

Fun4me

Established Member
Shop around. The ease of the install makes it worthwhile. Really cheap insurance.
But i do agree w/ you, they should honor the price. Even if they lose a few bucks. Its not like its hundreds of dollars.
Did you order the Dynotech from them?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
It was a book keeping error that was just caught.The price was not updated. We will loose money at that cost.

The price was based off a post I made last month, Since then, we have run out and the cost of the product has gone up. It retails now is $114 but I can do it for $95.00 trying to help you out (if selling it at the old price was us loosing money but we are willing to sell it at $95, that shows we are trying to help you. )

I do apologize but it does state on our website that prices are subject to change. It happens a lot with manufactures as well. As stated, we have no problem refunding you our money on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
I did not buy the shaft from them (I don't think they deal with Dynotech but with Axle Exchange).

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
I was planning on buying it from them also since it was $78 but what shocked me was shipping was almost $20

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
$17 to keep a customer and get good press.... when it was your mistake to begin with.... guess we just think differently

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
If a customer makes a payment mistake, does the business accept it and take the hit?

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Torq had the steeda shifter marked down with a special code to $165. They made an error on their site. They honored the price and shipped it to me for $165. I wouldnt kill bbr about it. At least they offered to sell at cost.

Last edited:

sloppymax

Established Member
I was in the same boat as I ordered the Stiffler's loop this morning. I returned their call and was informed of the situation. Seemed like an honest mistake and not a instance where someone was trying to bait anyone. They offered it at their new cost to make up for the mistake and I was happy with that. This was also my first BBR purchase. Just wanted to mention that before someone accused of me being blindingly loyal.

As for the loop, it was more expensive at every other place I looked. The manufacturer's site was the costliest I ran across. My reason for being satisfied with the transaction was that they contacted me quickly and were upfront about the mix up. My ds from DSS will be going on tomorrow but will just install the loop afterwards.

Fun4me

Established Member
I was in the same boat as I ordered the Stiffler's loop this morning. I returned their call and was informed of the situation. Seemed like an honest mistake and not a instance where someone was trying to bait anyone. They offered it at their new cost to make up for the mistake and I was happy with that. This was also my first BBR purchase. Just wanted to mention that before someone accused of me being blindingly loyal.

As for the loop, it was more expensive at every other place I looked. The manufacturer's site was the costliest I ran across. My reason for being satisfied with the transaction was that they contacted me quickly and were upfront about the mix up. My ds from DSS will be going on tomorrow but will just install the loop afterwards.
Just wait and do it at the same time. Did you pay $20 shipping too?

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
Problem solved. Ordered through LMR w/forum discount & free shipping. $109.24 OTD.

KIOTE 5O

Established Member
I have a used one but like new for 75.00 if anyone wants it. Won't fit my new tremec.

snkchmr 1

I have nothing but good things to say about Blow By. They have went out of their way to help me with my car.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Wow OP they are willing to discount their new higher price to compensate the fact it was wrong on the web site and your crying over $17. Take the family out to McDonalds instead of Ponderosa and pay the extra $17 for a good product. I have one and it works well and was easy to install.

sloppymax

Established Member
Just wait and do it at the same time. Did you pay $20 shipping too?

My shipping was 12.xx. I have access to a lift tomorrow but won't be available until much later. Read from several people that it was easy to install afterwards.

MrSplat

Established Member
Who cares? It's $17 you're bitching. At least they were nice enough to call rather than not place your order nor call.

jewc75

Established Member
I would normally say its not a big deal but since its BBR I won't. This has happened before with them. Its always blamed on a website error. Sure it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread