First ticket - 80 in a 55

LUBaseball2

Established Member
do you get that 80 in Virgina is reckless yet?

When did I say it wasn't wreckless... the point I was trying to make was that over 80 is a class 1 misdameanor where as anything below that is wreckless isnt

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I respect your opinion. With that being said just because your a L.E.O. doesn't always mean your right. At the same time I was just voicing mine and what I would do in that situation... everyone is different

Did you miss the part that I am a Prosecutor as well. I never said I was always right, but in this instance I am correct and you arent even close to being correct. You are stating your opinion which is not based in reality.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
When did I say it wasn't wreckless... the point I was trying to make was that over 80 is a class 1 misdameanor where as anything below that is wreckless isnt

you have spent most of your time trying to convince me that 80 is not reckless. you have made several posts stating that very thing. it seems to me that you don't even comprehend what you post let alone what anyone else posts.

everything you have posted in this thread has been either flat out wrong or wrong headed.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
you have spent most of your time trying to convince me that 80 is not reckless. you have made several posts stating that very thing. it seems to me that you don't even comprehend what you post let alone what anyone else posts.

everything you have posted in this thread has been either flat out wrong or wrong headed.

If I said that please show me where.......

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Did you miss the part that I am a Prosecutor as well. I never said I was always right, but in this instance I am correct and you arent even close to being correct. You are stating your opinion which is not based in reality.

Your stating your opinion when you say to get a lawyer... To me it seems like its a waste of money .... If the lawyer was less than the actual ticket and the spike in insurance I would say it would be wise to get a lawyer but if the lawyer is more than that and other factors I would say just pay it...

from everything I have concluded the lawyer is going to cost more so what are you really benefiting from what your spending is my whole point... he is guilty of speeding big deal...

txyaloo

Established Member
Your stating your opinion when you say to get a lawyer... To me it seems like its a waste of money .... If the lawyer was less than the actual ticket and the spike in insurance I would say it would be wise to get a lawyer but if the lawyer is more than that and other factors I would say just pay it...

from everything I have concluded the lawyer is going to cost more so what are you really benefiting from what your spending is my whole point... he is guilty of speeding big deal...

The thing you don't comprehend is it isn't just speeding. It's a criminal charge. It isn't even the lowest level of criminal charge.

If he's convicted, he will have a criminal record that he must report any time he is asked if he's ever been convicted of a crime. In addition he faces up to 60 days in jail and a mandatory 30 day suspension of his driving privileges.

Feel free to **** up your life, but don't give advice to people which will **** up theirs as well.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
The thing you don't comprehend is it isn't just speeding. It's a criminal charge. It isn't even the lowest level of criminal charge.

If he's convicted, he will have a criminal record that he must report any time he is asked if he's ever been convicted of a crime. In addition he faces up to 60 days in jail and a mandatory 30 day suspension of his driving privileges.

Feel free to **** up your life, but don't give advice to people which will **** up theirs as well.

ok I was wrong does that make you feel better

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
You people really crack me up. I honestly think that some just skip over some of the posts from other people. OP, if all this information is confusing you, I would definatley consult an attorney in NC and let them decide what the best recourse is for you. Being a first time charge, things may work out better than expected. IF the charge is criminal in NC, I highly doubt that a judge would sentence you to jail time. I know in VA 80 in a 55 is RECKLESS DRIVING by statute, but I dont know of a judge that would give any jail for it. Maybe a high fine with driving school, and if you have a bad driving record, a suspended license to boot. IMHO, I wouldnt fret the small details that some argue over. Keep us posted on what happens please.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Your stating your opinion when you say to get a lawyer...

It is not an opinion it is an educated and experienced response to the OP. I know what type of deals a good and respected defense attorney can get from the State just by having their name on a pleading. You have no clue and already have a criminal record. I am sure the OP does not want a criminal record.

He will likely not have a criminal conviction. That is a BIG DEAL.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Well of course I'm getting a lot of legal advertising in the mail, that's to be expected though. Out of the three or four I've called, most say the same thing, only differing on price. I'll definitely keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the advice.

Leeiswho2b

I'll be your huckleberry!
Established Member
You people really crack me up. I honestly think that some just skip over some of the posts from other people. OP, if all this information is confusing you, I would definatley consult an attorney in NC and let them decide what the best recourse is for you. Being a first time charge, things may work out better than expected. IF the charge is criminal in NC, I highly doubt that a judge would sentence you to jail time. I know in VA 80 in a 55 is RECKLESS DRIVING by statute, but I dont know of a judge that would give any jail for it. Maybe a high fine with driving school, and if you have a bad driving record, a suspended license to boot. IMHO, I wouldnt fret the small details that some argue over. Keep us posted on what happens please.

Common sense goes a long way!!!! :thumbsup:

Leeiswho2b

I'll be your huckleberry!
Established Member
*removed by moderator - either post on topic and constructively or not at all*

Evidently I received a ticket going the wrong way on a one way street!

Let us know OP how it turns out. I was able to get a ticket reduced down from 110mph in a 70mph to 79mph in a 70mph without an attorney. Being respectful to others, remorseful, and a valid reason goes a long ways. I'm sure laws vary state to state though. Consulting an attorney is never a bad thing. Good luck regardless!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread