Flash Counter?

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
I've saw this brought up last year sometime, and no one really knew then as the car was still so new.. Now that its been out over a year, does anyone know for a fact if the factory computer has a flash counter? (meaning factory has "0" flashes and a modded car has more than "0") So if a dealership checks and sees anything other than a 0 your warranty is void..

Thanks

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I've saw this brought up last year sometime, and no one really knew then as the car was still so new.. Now that its been out over a year, does anyone know for a fact if the factory computer has a flash counter? (meaning factory has "0" flashes and a modded car has more than "0") So if a dealership checks and sees anything other than a 0 your warranty is void..

Thanks

Yes, but most dealerships do not have the equipment to read it. Usually a district rep has to be called in to read it. And this alone does not automatically void your warranty.

raustin0017

Established Member
My 09 M3....the key fob could be read at any BMW dealer and it would tell them how many times Launch Control was used, max RPM and other info. I'm pretty sure if they need to find out about the mods...the data is in the car....just have to pull it out. Got to love smart cars.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
My LC is on all the time so good luck lol...

Since the LC on our cars can remain on, it would be hard to count or know what it's really counting.

Husky44

Established Member
Does this forum have a counter that keeps track of how many "can the dealer tell if I've added a tune and void my warranty" posts?

Users who are viewing this thread