Flex>Camaro (V6) lol

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Love it! I think the next vehicle purchase for my wife is going to be an Ecoboost Flex. We both love the way they look, the size of the interior and with just a few mods they seem to be easy 13.X sec runners. That may not be blistering fast but it is certainly unexpected for a vehicle of that size!

germeezy1

Established Member
What was done for the transmission other than ECU tune? I like the Flex even more than the SHO because its huge, and fast compared to being slow for a sports sedan.

scrming

Established Member
Thanks guys!

@Teal - I absolutely love our Flex! Not just because of the EcoBoost... Like you I love the look... love the room... love the way it rides... It's just been a great vehicle!

Ok... one last video from Tulsa... 2002 Stage 3 Roush....

Tulsa Trip 2012 :: 065.mp4 video by 02stage3 - Photobucket

The owner had posted: "my daughter videoed me racing this BAD ASS ford flex with a way modified SHO engine and all wheel drive."

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
What was done for the transmission other than ECU tune? I like the Flex even more than the SHO because its huge, and fast compared to being slow for a sports sedan.

We do the engine and trans tuning, but no hard part updates. We haven't seen any failures and scrming alons with a ton of SHO owners have countless track passes. Our Flex has been 13.3 with tune only.

-Rick

scrming

Established Member
We do the engine and trans tuning, but no hard part updates. We haven't seen any failures and scrming alons with a ton of SHO owners have countless track passes. Our Flex has been 13.3 with tune only.

-Rick

Hey Rick! Long time!

Yes, seen Rick just the other day out at the track event sponsored by Livernois! Thanks again!!! Even though it was 100 degrees it was still a great time!

Here is a little video from the event showing a few of the very cool Livernois tuned SHOs!!!

[youtube_browser]fiA7X1MAuYU[/youtube_browser]

germeezy1

Established Member

-Rick

Your tune sounds spot on because the 6F55 has a 350 flywheel torque limit. Do you think there will be any transmission upgrades available from you in the future for those who want to push their cars further? I have been following your Ecoboost F150 modification, and I imagine that your able to push the F150 EB further because of the transmission differences?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That is awesome!

Says the guy that has owned two Jeep libertys LOL:poke:

Exactly. Flex's aren't works of art in the aesthetics department. Those liberty's are the biggest pieces of garbage though.

a6936897-542c-d82f.jpg

a6936897-543b-c807.jpg

a6936897-544d-1ebe.jpg

a6936897-545d-4796.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jjkdtz

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Your tune sounds spot on because the 6F55 has a 350 flywheel torque limit. Do you think there will be any transmission upgrades available from you in the future for those who want to push their cars further? I have been following your Ecoboost F150 modification, and I imagine that your able to push the F150 EB further because of the transmission differences?

We haven't had a need yet. I think the turbos and fueling are going to be the limiting factor. We have SHO's running low 12's now and still no issues at all with over 400 WTQ.

-Rick

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Minivan looking vehicle wooping on camaros and 5.0s! Many many lolz...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Every time I see a Flex I have memories of the old Suburban's back in the day. Not one of my favorite vehicles but he sure did walk that Camaro. :)

germeezy1

Established Member
We haven't had a need yet. I think the turbos and fueling are going to be the limiting factor. We have SHO's running low 12's now and still no issues at all with over 400 WTQ.

-Rick

A low 12 second SHO would definitely surprise many people but not as many as a Flex!

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Love some of their responses, lol. But I have to say I'm glad once you chimed in that they seemed pretty cool with it and weren't "haters" talking a bunch of crap. It's good just to see car guys respect quick, nicely modified vehicles regardless of make or model.

germeezy1

Established Member
Love some of their responses, lol. But I have to say I'm glad once you chimed in that they seemed pretty cool with it and weren't "haters" talking a bunch of crap. It's good just to see car guys respect quick, nicely modified vehicles regardless of make or model.

You don't say....I definitely agree with the part that I put in bold above.

scrming

Established Member

Agreed! Very cool to my responses! I find that with most track guys!

scrming

Established Member
Went to Lapeer again yesterday... Another "Trophy" event... Guess the Flex is a good bracket vehicle! LOL

trophy.jpg

scrming

Established Member
Ok.. been a while since I've updated this thread! Last month I switched from and SCT tuner to the MyCal tuner offered by Livernois... The MyCal is very cool... and speaking of cool.. the cool weather has returned to Michigan! The DA was close to zero on Sunday... and I ran a new BEST! The Flex went 12.72 @ 109 MPH!

Here's the video!

[youtube_browser]xMSI0mEyGk4[/youtube_browser]

Also went out to MIR last week... Was warmer out there, with a DA of about 1400'... The Flex went 12.89... got some fun videos...

[youtube_browser]jfuL6J5Cex8[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Y5ErlZUiTME[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread