Florence, AL cobra owners watch out!!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If you can't get happy with a body shop up north, I have a painter in Pelham that I really believe in.

My driver's door got keyed and he resprayed it. As-shot, it matches the factory orange peel PERFECTLY. No one, I mean no one can tell my car has been re-shot.

PM me if you want the shop/who to talk with.

Best of luck.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I feel your pain. Do not go to a dealer, they suck! Try to find a paint shop that does exotics, classics, etc. That is the only way to get a quality shot IMO. Also, make sure you inspect the sh1t out it when it's done. Check for clear coat drippage (look at from an angle and looks like clear-dried long drops), dull spots due to inefficient wet sanding (should shine like factory paint), under-buffed areas (will look similar to the mark left from you putting a greasy face against a mirror, but on your paint in the same color. Look at in the shade at an angle), check along the folds/edges of the body for a paint lip, and check wheel wells/under-hood, out-of-the-way areas/other painted surfaces for overspray (run your finger/feel your paint around the car).
Good luck!

BittenInBama

Established Member
There are several reputable shops in town. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just tell me you are NOT taking it to the Ford dealership in M.S.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
No Bitten - I spoke with Long Lewis's body shop, Hunts auto collision, and Ronnie Cambells.. cambells is getting the job. Car goes in the shop Jan. 2

BAD1

Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
my insurance company took pics of the damage to show it wasnt involved in a accident.. and i also took hard copys and digital and keeping them with the paperwork.

Insurance company wont pay for the whole car.. just the hood, drivers fender, door, quarter and rear bumper. Im paying to have the other sides chips fixed and blended in. Car goes to the shop january 3rd.. and will probably remain there for about 2-3 weeks... oh well.. at least it'll look good for upcoming car show season!
DAM sorry to see that . I would just paint the whole car over, cause if the painter is good , one side will look new and shinny and the othe side look not so new..just my 2 cents. good luck sweety.

jonw357

Established Member
Hunt93FiveO said:
This summer I caught 2 kids doing this to my car but they only was about to start when my fatass went running after them...but they were on bikes.This happen at wal mart in Decatur tho.

Sorry to be off topic but that is alot of mustangs that are in decatur that I havent seen before. The only one I know is Trent's in that photo. If you have been around mustangs in decatur for awhile you might now my car. Well old car know. I sold it to Trent's cousion Wodie who is one of my good friends. It was a 90 silver lx built 351w with 93 cobra wheels. Now I drive a black 93 cobra with a B-trim. Great to see more mustangs in decatur again. Seems like there isnt that many since me and my buddies work so much now and dont get many chances to get together and drive around and goof off. Anyways great looking cars.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
my insurance company took pics of the damage to show it wasnt involved in a accident.. and i also took hard copys and digital and keeping them with the paperwork.

Insurance company wont pay for the whole car.. just the hood, drivers fender, door, quarter and rear bumper. Im paying to have the other sides chips fixed and blended in. Car goes to the shop january 3rd.. and will probably remain there for about 2-3 weeks... oh well.. at least it'll look good for upcoming car show season!
Dont blend it paint the whole car!!

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
God that sucks. Sorry to hear about your car. It's a shame people can't have nice things without some idiot ruining it.

Users who are viewing this thread