Fly by Wire

00redbolt

Established Member
I have another problem. I installed a BBK Throttle body (twin 62mm) However, after I installed the t-body. Now I can’t get any throttle at all. It seems the throttle body butter fly goes shut and stays there. I have tried every thing I know to no avail. I have a tool light and engine light when I crank it, with no throttle. Does anyone have any Ideas what is going on? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

redbaron66

Sorry here but only about 1 in 10 work. They have a ton of problems with the aftermarket TB's. All makes, not just the BBK, so I am not singleing out any brand here. It sounds like you might have the spring clocked wrong to if you get no movement in the throttle blade.

freebass55

Established Member
42RCODE said:
Bbk = Crap :-d

All aftermarket TB = Crap

They don't work. The best TB for these cars are stock. Why do you think it is taking accufab so long to come out with one. There is just nothing to gain from them.

SSChris NY

Established Member
I have been runing a 62mm By Motoblue for a Year 1/2 with out a problem, Take the drive by wire motor off the tb and plug it in to the cars, the cycle your key without starting you engine, it should cycle in other words the drive by wire motor will turn both ways, if it doesn't, check the see if it get hot, if it dose then your going to need a new one which means your going to have to buy a complete TB from Ford, just my two cent from fixing a friend car with the same problem

00redbolt

Established Member
Redbaron66, You were exactually right. I had the return spring clocked the wrong way. Nevertheless, I'm going to use the stock TB. I'll try sending the BBK back to RPM outlet and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread