For Lowering Springs... What do you advise?

hakeem_svt

Established Member
I'm going to buy lowering springs for my SVT Cobra '03...

but I want to know What is the best for my car? I want good view & job.
* Steeda Autosports
* Global West Suspension
* Koni
* Eibach
* BBK Performance
* Suspension Techniques
* Edelbrock

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
H&R makes some nice springs, I'd go with either their Race or Sport springs. The Sport springs will lower your car more than the Race springs.

Do a search here on SVTP for springs, there will be tons of results.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
H&R makes some nice springs, I'd go with either their Race or Sport springs. The Sport springs will lower your car more than the Race springs.

Do a search here on SVTP for springs, there will be tons of results.

The Race springs will be stiffer, too: 750-850/760 lb-in (F/R) vs 700-760/685 lb-in (F/R).

You can fine tune your ride height with a careful selection of spring isolators. There's a top and bottom iso for the front and rear springs. Polyurethane iso's are taller than rubber iso's which are taller than removed iso's.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Whats the plan for the car? Cruiser? Track? 9 times out of 10 you can cut the stock ones and get the exact drop youre looking for while keeping the nice soft ride. See my sig

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Steeda here. To me they have the perfect stance and they also improved the ride and the handling characteristics of the car...:beer:

2359843Cobra1-Stampede7.jpg

Jroc

Established Member
^ I vote for Steeda springs as well. They are made by Hypercoil who also made the springs for MM C/O's.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I had the H&R Race then changed cause I wanted more of a drop. I have the Eibach Sportlines now and couldn't be happier.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Save your money, cut your stockers for the perfect stance. It has been stated over and over that the spring rate does not change.

RussZTT

Established Member
And I thought my Cobra had the perfect stance. You really kow how to hurt a guy's feelings......:lol:

BTW - what's the latest on your twin turbo build???

Russ
:lol: Sorry Russ I didn't notice your stance, I can't keep my eyes off your wheels :D

The build is at a stand still right now. There are a few things I need to get from Jim at THP first. First, I want to put the k member on but need to take my oil pan off so I can get some fittings tapped into the front for the oil drain off the turbos. To bad I just put some new Amsoil oil in the car last month... At the same time I want to install a set of ARP cam bolts but need to lower the motor to do it. :bash:

Last edited:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I'm going to cut mine or go h&r sports.

What's the spring rate difference from stock to the sports anyway?

Btw, ran sportlines on my 98gt. Car had a great stance and sat low but rode like shit. Bouncy as he'll cause they are super stiff. Ran em with stock isos and stock shocks

Users who are viewing this thread