For Sale: '07 Shelby GT500

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
A buddy of mine said he saw a truck pulling 2 brand new GT500s one Red/White and one Green/Silver! He followed them for awhile on the highway checking them out, he knows cars and said they were the new factory GT500! Neither of us thought they were out already? We live in WV by the way so I'de say they were going to Pittsburgh, there a couple nice SVT dealers up in STEELER country. :)

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
My $0.02

If the car sales for a huge amount over sticker. It will only justify every dealer that will get the GT500's to mark the car up.

A local dealership that I had a deposit with on a GT500 is known for high markups. I withdrew my deposit because they have already warned all on the list that it will be marked up.

And after seeing a Ford GT in the showroom that was marked up $75,000 over sticker, well you have to believe them.

The dealership was sued due to the $75,000 markup by the person who ordered it. They signed the contract at sticker cost when the guy ordered it and marked up the car after it was delivered and saw what they were selling for on eBay.

I myself will wait til the smoke clears. I will not pay over sticker for the car.

Can't wait to see the car in person. Our local Autoshow is this month 25th-29th here in St.Louis.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
LSR said:
My $0.02

If the car sales for a huge amount over sticker. It will only justify every dealer that will get the GT500's to mark the car up.

A local dealership that I had a deposit with on a GT500 is known for high markups. I withdrew my deposit because they have already warned all on the list that it will be marked up.

And after seeing a Ford GT in the showroom that was marked up $75,000 over sticker, well you have to believe them.

The dealership was sued due to the $75,000 markup by the person who ordered it. They signed the contract at sticker cost when the guy ordered it and marked up the car after it was delivered and saw what they were selling for on eBay.

I myself will wait til the smoke clears. I will not pay over sticker for the car.

Can't wait to see the car in person. Our local Autoshow is this month 25th-29th here in St.Louis.
I'd like to know how the suit turned out.

fordification

Established Member
I was hoping to see one on stage, but, "The car will be produced to the successful bidder’s specification, including the color and factory available options, for delivery when production begins later in the year."

WDW MKR

Established Member
fordification said:
I was hoping to see one on stage, but, "The car will be produced to the successful bidder’s specification, including the color and factory available options, for delivery when production begins later in the year."

I wondered, considering the pics of the car they advertised was the original concept with the hood, wheels, brakes and interior that will not be on the production model.

fordification

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I wondered, considering the pics of the car they advertised was the original concept with the hood, wheels, brakes and interior that will not be on the production model.

but they have to drive something through so maybe it will be one of the pre-productions just for representation. I guess we'll know saturday.

WDW MKR

Established Member
$600k for the first Shelby... that is just retarded. The market is going to fall out when muscle cars become "uncool" again, just like it did with the classic Euro cars a couple of years ago. All of these fads come and go. I wish I had that much money to just light on fire.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Probably a pretty penny given the current muscle car craze. A few years ago, probably nothing crazy. Not to mention that Shelby actually built those cars. The 07 will just be a Ford with the Shelby name on it. Will they be certified and serialized Shelby registry cars?

R1Lello

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Probably a pretty penny given the current muscle car craze. A few years ago, probably nothing crazy. Not to mention that Shelby actually built those cars. The 07 will just be a Ford with the Shelby name on it. Will they be certified and serialized Shelby registry cars?

:beer:

Yes, Shelby America said back in March, that car will be recognized as a real Shelby

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member
That's smart. Pay $600,000 for a mass-produced $40,000 car with stickers all over it. Real cool. Almost as smart as paying $1.2 MILLION for a Hemicuda convertible. Okay Nash Bridges....tell me how awesome it is to drive when it's 80 degrees out and you have to go change your shirt because you've sweated through it thanks to a vinal seat and an exhaust system that lays right aginst the floorboards.

The guy that paid that $600,000 price is always there though. He usually buys Ferraris. All of the proceeds went to Carrol Shelby's Children's Hospital.

Sammy Hagar was there. He got $260,000 for his 67 Shelby GT500 that had a 427 4-speed in what used to be a 428 Automatic car. It was painted red insteand of it's original blue color according to Speedchannel.

$310,000 for a gold on gold 427/430hp 1969 Corvette. Not a ZL1.....just a 427 Corvette

$286,000 for a Hemicuda

$110,000 for a 1971 Dodge Challenger 383 convertible

If the market dosen't explode on these big time and soon.....the regular guy will never be able to own a real musclecar again unless he wins the lotto. It's kind of sad. It's been hijacked by people who are just putting them in collections. Like someones really going to spend quarter of a million dollars on a Plymouth....then go race it.

chuckstang

Established Member
AWESOMO 4000 said:
That's smart. Pay $600,000 for a mass-produced $40,000 car with stickers all over it. Real cool. Almost as smart as paying $1.2 MILLION for a Hemicuda convertible. Okay Nash Bridges....tell me how awesome it is to drive when it's 80 degrees out and you have to go change your shirt because you've sweated through it thanks to a vinal seat and an exhaust system that lays right aginst the floorboards.

The guy that paid that $600,000 price is always there though. He usually buys Ferraris. All of the proceeds went to Carrol Shelby's Children's Hospital.

Sammy Hagar was there. He got $260,000 for his 67 Shelby GT500 that had a 427 4-speed in what used to be a 428 Automatic car. It was painted red insteand of it's original blue color according to Speedchannel.

$310,000 for a gold on gold 427/430hp 1969 Corvette. Not a ZL1.....just a 427 Corvette

$286,000 for a Hemicuda

$110,000 for a 1971 Dodge Challenger 383 convertible

If the market dosen't explode on these big time and soon.....the regular guy will never be able to own a real musclecar again unless he wins the lotto. It's kind of sad. It's been hijacked by people who are just putting them in collections. Like someones really going to spend quarter of a million dollars on a Plymouth....then go race it.

now thats why we have modern muscle cars to go out and buy for alot less money then the originals back in the day :pepper:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
AWESOMO 4000 said:
Exactly. These clowns are taking the hobby out of our hands. You will have to be rich to own a decent classic muscle car. I hope the market crashes and they all lose their booties on them.

WDW MKR

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Exactly. These clowns are taking the hobby out of our hands. You will have to be rich to own a decent classic muscle car. I hope the market crashes and they all lose their booties on them.

It will eventually cycle back, just like it did to the European market. It's just like a fad in fashion when it comes to collectors. For car guys, it's always about muscle cars!

mrGT

Established Member
Maybe muscle cars will get back to the way they were in the late 60's.....the Boss and Shelby's along with the Hemi's and SS's were owned by the wealthy....or those like me that sold their soul to the bank. There were hardly any 30-something hot rodders.....they had to spend all their money on raising a family. There's a lot more muscle cars out there today then there were in my day. Look at how many Cobras, Vettes, Vipers, etc. owners there are now..... to say nothing of the BMW, Lexus, etc. owners. Look at all the money that's being poured into modding and performance enhancements. The "regular guy" has become the "rich guy" when compared to years past. So this separation in ownership due to price is nothing new. Well, it's nothing new to me any way.

Back in my day, the fastest cars belonged to those that were the best mechanic (usually the poor boy who did his own work), not to those that had the money. Only a few of those "rich kids" had the knowledge and skills to take their cars beyond factory set ups. At least that's the way it was in rural Oklahoma.....

Users who are viewing this thread