Ford dealer crashed my car :)

supercharged680

Established Member
So.. this is the second issue i had with my dealership here in Dubai, they have 2 branches so i think i will drive another hour to take it in for service the next time..

the first issue i had was a transmission issue which they made me wait 2-3 months for it, after i received the car, they scratched the hood, broke my shifter and my cruise control button stopped working.

i took in the car for service a day ago, and i woke up in the morning and i got a text from them.. hello sir ur car was involved in an accident inside the workshop please visit us we are very sorry.. :cuss:

931380_565070236857337_862832031_n.jpg

What should i do now? the resale value will fall one its face now this is how cars are here in the UAE if they have been repaired or painted.. They are going to give me a rental car for the time being, and im going to ask for a free service contract and an extended warranty. :)

what you u guys do? :mj:

Nuar

Established Member
Talk to a lawyer...ask for some professional advice.

Unbelievable... I would do everything in my power to have the dealership buy the car back from you at a price above its value (value as if it has never been in an accident obviously) and spend that money on a new stang.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
You can't do much as long as they repair the damage. It was an accident.

BUCKET

Established Member
Go test drive one of their cars and crash it into another car in the lot..... Then send them a text saying sorry.

Mxfrench

Established Member
At the chrysler dealership here we had a slaesman total a 2008 mustang. So yeah there are douche bags every where.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Some Of you guys saying "tell them to buy you a new car" are ****ing out there, I guess you are all perfect? Accidents happen but that little bit of damage is hardly in the market for them to buy you a new car....

SorrymOP, I'd look into deminished value policy..,

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Oh man that sucks dude. The tricky thing is, I'm not sure how the laws differ over in UAE vs the USA.

If it were me, they would be installing a full roush body kit at no cost

Is there any way to have them do all the repairs and not report it to your insurance since technically you were not driving? Again, it may be illegal in the US but maybe not over there?? If there's no frame damage or anything like that, just have them repair it and pretend it never happened.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Some Of you guys saying "tell them to buy you a new car" are ****ing out there, I guess you are all perfect? Accidents happen but that little bit of damage is hardly in the market for them to buy you a new car....

SorrymOP, I'd look into deminished value policy..,

That's kinda becoming the American culture...

+1 for diminished value. I would have them fix it and also make them pay the difference of the value before the accident and after the accident.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
This the big one on Sheikh Zayed road? Is that part of Al Futtaim? They are big enough to eat it, tell them to keep it and get you new one. Edit : I'm on that side just because I've seen the body work over there, never perfect. Normally some ex-pat that is being paid peanuts.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
That's kinda becoming the American culture...

+1 for diminished value. I would have them fix it and also make them pay the difference of the value before the accident and after the accident.

That's sad, I'm far from rich but just a kid working to try and make it then these crazy people want a new car over a fender bender? Excuse me while I laugh.....

I'm shocked none of you have told the OP to claim he hurt his neck in the accident :lol:

I agree, they fix the damage and cut you a check for the difference in value, that is reasonable.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Damage isnt too bad, I'm sure they will fix it. Dont think you will get a new car out of this.
If you think thats bad, an acura dealer in upstate NY totaled my '04 TL back in '05, Their mechanic took the car home for the night, lost control and hit a concrete barrier, tried blaming it on the transmission popping out of gear.
I ended up having to sue them to get them to do anything for me.
Good luck!
tl4.jpg

FastRedPonyCar