Ford of France releases 5 special edition Focus RS Le Mans

04SVTF

Established Member
01-le-mans-focus.jpg

08-le-mans-focus.jpg

Across the pond, Ford is continuing to roll out a few tricks to keep the Focus RS tasty before its demise later this year. As such, it's unveiled five special edition models designed to commemorate its winning history at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Each of the hatches wears a unique paint scheme and wheel combo designed to invoke the liveries of storied Blue Oval racers of yore. It's easy to spot the blue and orange of the Gulf liveried GT 40 racers – those cars famously took the checkers in '68 and '69 – but more casual fans may not recognize some of the less imitated designs.

The black and silver of the '66 Mark II, red and white of the '67 Mark IV and the blue and white of the '72 RS 2600 are all replicated on one of the hottest hatches to roll out of Ford Europe in a long while. Each carries special interior treatments, including Recaro racing buckets that have been stitched to match the exterior paint. Ready for the real kicker? Ford is only selling the five you see above – no more, no less.

jf4boogie

Established Member
I'll take the black one or the red one please!

damn, why won't they bring stuff like that here?!

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
I'll take the black one or the red one please!

damn, why won't they bring stuff like that here?!

They dont want to cannibalize their own brand. Even though these are badass, they will take business away from the Mustang and other like SVT cars. Shame I know...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
they will be bringing a version of the euro focus st here. My buddy got to check out one at an event recently. If it does well they might (big might) do an RS type car here in the states with the new global platform.

Like others have said.........a $35k+ would be a hard sale here in the US even though I know of a bunch of people who would love to have one. I would be all over one like stink on crap as a DD but instead will either be looking for an 08+ sti or might hold off for a little longer and see how the prices do on used SHO's.

FordKnight

Established Member
I will call them Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, and Fri. GT500 for your saturday driver and the Raptor for your sunday excursion to the beach. On and my DD for work would be an SHO

Users who are viewing this thread