Formula for 700rwhp?

xenodragon

Established Member
Trying to get 700rwhp out of my cobra on the stock block. Is this possible and has anyone got this from a twin-screw on the stock block? I was going to sell it, but decided to just keep it and mod it instead. I dont want to go turbo. I was thinking a 2.9l whipple, long tube headers, and possibly some e85 since every gas station here in MN sells it. I would prefer the 2.9 as i dont have to mod my hood to make it fit. Thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry didnt realize I was posting in Road Side

Last edited:

Turblown03

Established Member
I know you said you don't wanna go turbo but I made 712 hp on a stock motor with pump gas and my hellion 76mm kit. I had a 2.3 Whipple on before and only made 634hp on 24psi and Torco. Turbo ftw....

95PGTTech

Established Member
Yes. 700rwhp is more than accomplish-able with that blower and E85. You will need to look into fuel supply considerably to get there with that fuel.

Drazga

Established Member
I made just under 700whp the other day on 93 with very conservative timing and dead rich. 2.8 KB LC, SLP LTs, SLP X, Borla Stingers, Stock heads, Stock cams, Stock shortblock. Built motor, spray, and E85 I plan on being very close to the 1k mark.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The formula is:

B+T+O/DT where B = boost, T = timing, O = octane and DT = drivetrain parasitic loss.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
my combo made 684 and it's just a 2.3 gen 2. get a reichard racing smaller pulley or a 2 lb lower and 700 you should have. or more agressive tuning, or a shot of giggle juice.

I'm debating giggle juice for many reasons.
look into meth injection as well, or a simple 2.9 should get you there without too much trouble. I'm running LTs and a 2.3 gen2, MAF and accufab and it pretty well got it there, so 2.9 and you should be good. E85 would be overkill if all your shooting for is 700 if you ask me.

xenodragon

Established Member
Yes. 700rwhp is more than accomplish-able with that blower and E85. You will need to look into fuel supply considerably to get there with that fuel.

I think my fuel upgrades should handle it. I MIGHT need bigger injectors, but I have a return style fuel setup at the moment, so I think it should be ok for at least 700.

my combo made 684 and it's just a 2.3 gen 2. get a reichard racing smaller pulley or a 2 lb lower and 700 you should have. or more agressive tuning, or a shot of giggle juice.

I'm debating giggle juice for many reasons.
look into meth injection as well, or a simple 2.9 should get you there without too much trouble. I'm running LTs and a 2.3 gen2, MAF and accufab and it pretty well got it there, so 2.9 and you should be good. E85 would be overkill if all your shooting for is 700 if you ask me.

Interesting, I will probably start off with the 2.9 and LT's and see what happens from there, can always convert over to e85 later if needed. I really dont want to run nitrous. Dont really feel safe with it honestly (motorwise).

idhitit

Established Member
I’d be less concerned with an "E-Penis Number" and more concerned with a fun reliable car. The difference between a 600rwhp to 700rwhp is one you get to drive all out, all the time The other is a ticking time bomb, a damn headache, that will break and then gets to chill in your garage.

I have had and still have High Hp cars and the lower Hp reliable care are always more fun... you aren’t always working on them... I know wrenching is fun but spending $1000’s keeping them going gets old very quickly…

Steve

xenodragon

Established Member
I’d be less concerned with an "E-Penis Number" and more concerned with a fun reliable car. The difference between a 600rwhp to 700rwhp is one you get to drive all out, all the time The other is a ticking time bomb, a damn headache, that will break and then gets to chill in your garage.

I have had and still have High Hp cars and the lower Hp reliable care are always more fun... you aren’t always working on them... I know wrenching is fun but spending $1000’s keeping them going gets old very quickly…

Steve

I agree with you, but I feel like I need to add a whipple to this car and have some fun with it before I sell it. My next stop will be a 2013 GTR which I will mainly keep stock other than a tune most likely. I am not going to just turn the timing up to get to that "magical" number, I guess I was more of asking "What will I make with 2.9l, e85 and LT's" :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread